You can type here any text you want

Did some spring cleaning...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
What a PIA. Buicks are cake compared to these things. Everything is so complicated !

On Saturday.... my friend and I did the fuel pump and filter.PIA:rolleyes: No need to say more.:eek:

Sunday...Valve springs PIA !!!New brake rotors and pad were done too along with new rear shocks and front brake hoses.

While taking the massive contraption used on TTA's called a muffler, i found it was rotted from the inside. Ill probably replace it with a Walker unit.

I did get a new set of tires and stripped the clear coat off the rims. It was shot. Looks 10 times better. Made the hard work well worth it..:D Now just have to get a replacement aero wing on it.

What a PIA. Buicks are cake compared to these things. Everything is so complicated !

On Saturday.... my friend and I did the fuel pump and filter.PIA:rolleyes: No need to say more.:eek:

Sunday...Valve springs PIA !!!New brake rotors and pad were done too along with new rear shocks and front brake hoses.

While taking the massive contraption used on TTA's called a muffler, i found it was rotted from the inside. Ill probably replace it with a Walker unit.

I did get a new set of tires and stripped the clear coat off the rims. It was shot. Looks 10 times better. Made the hard work well worth it..:D Now just have to get a replacement aero wing on it.

I'll agree on the fuel pump. The springs are easier :tongue:

See ya at Reynolds.

Julio

If You Want Some More Practice Come Over After Reynolds And You Can Help Put The Engine Back In The Tta!!!

Remember Practice Makes Perfect!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Good Luck And See Ya At Reynolds!!!!!!!!!

Thjanks Jd

If You Want Some More Practice Come Over After Reynolds And You Can Help Put The Engine Back In The Tta!!!

Remember Practice Makes Perfect!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Good Luck And See Ya At Reynolds!!!!!!!!!

Thjanks Jd

hey that should be easy for you guys !!! come on !! what 2/3 hours to put it in and have it running :confused: never mind flapping here go DO IT :biggrin:

I don't know about 2/3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

But anyone wants any PRACTICE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!

it will be a few weeks anyway,block at the machine shop still.

thanks JD

I recommend the fiberglass wing. It is about 20-30# lighter and will never split like the stock ones:mad: . Also, the hatch will stay open, even if the lift shocks are shot;)

I recommend the fiberglass wing. It is about 20-30# lighter and will never split like the stock ones:mad: . Also, the hatch will stay open, even if the lift shocks are shot;)

Ditto. I think I have about $700 into my Hawks wing painted and installed. It is nice though.

Well here are some updates on the TTA. Car runs great. Fine tuned the extender chip,Trans + and the thing purrs. Replace the rotors, pads and brake hoses all the way around.I also had 4 new tires installed and stripped the clear coat off the rims. I took the stock Midas replacement muffler off and replaced it with a Walker Dynomax unit. The cat is now gone too. All new headliner,sunvisors,sail panels,capets and upholstery. The car was painted about 1 year ago. A clay bar and wax was all it needed.

Here are current pics taken today. The interior just needs some minor plastic trim and the outside just needs the emblems and wing installed.

This post is mainly for JD who talked me out of parting it out.:D

Attachments

• TTA Now.JPG
    TTA Now.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 464
  • TTA now int.JPG
    TTA now int.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 462
Well here are some updates on the TTA. Car runs great. Fine tuned the extender chip,Trans + and the thing purrs. Replace the rotors, pads and brake hoses all the way around.I also had 4 new tires installed and stripped the clear coat off the rims. I took the stock Midas replacement muffler off and replaced it with a Walker Dynomax unit. The cat is now gone too. All new headliner,sunvisors,sail panels,capets and upholstery. The car was painted about 1 year ago. A clay bar and wax was all it needed.

Here are current pics taken today. The interior just needs some minor plastic trim and the outside just needs the emblems and wing installed.

Glad you didn't part it out. Don't you want the heavier wing for traction....? :)

CAR LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad I could help, these car's are just TOO special to cut up!!!!!!!!!!!

talk to you soon!!!!!!!!!

thanks JD :D :D :D :D

Yup its the Hampton "leather" kit from Hawks. The camera washes the color out. But it looks very close to the stock color in person.

How did you strip the clear coat on the wheels. They look great!!

Thanks,
Rob Hinson

Louie you listen to JD ???!!! :eek: :p ok get alky on that car so you can bring it to BG :biggrin: hopefully there will be an alky class :redface:

How did you strip the clear coat on the wheels. They look great!!

Thanks,
Rob Hinson

Rob,
I used some aircraft paint stripper from the parts store. I used a short bristle brush. I then brushed the stripper on the wheel careful that the stripper didnt get on the gold section. It took several applications , but it looks 20 times better. Especially if the clearcoat is shot like mine was.

Louie you listen to JD ???!!! :eek: :p ok get alky on that car so you can bring it to BG :biggrin: hopefully there will be an alky class :redface:

SHHHHHH!!!! I dont want my wife to hear that! I promised her I would only race one car...But alky is next after the rear wing.;)

Back