You can type here any text you want

Difference In Vacuum Boosters??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WLDWST

I was browsing E-bay today and ran across this conversion for auction. I contacted him, but he didn't return my message. I assume he won't ship to Canada. His loss. Plenty of bidders up here, and the Canadian dollar is strong right now.
Anyway, the booster looks alot larger than the ones Brian sells at GBodyParts. It is complete with vacuum block and pedal etc. Brian's is not as wide, and seems to be a better fit. What is the difference between the two, and are there any clearance problems with the larger one? Anyone?

I believe the first one is a dual diaphram booster they are thicker but I think they are smaller in diameter. (been along time since I've seen a single diaphram booster) It looks like the second one is a single diaphram booster. I have always liked the dual one best and I think it gives a little more valve cover room.

The first setup is what came on Regals, Cutlasses, and Grand Prixs and Bonnevilles, 83 thru 87, and the second setup was special :rolleyes: and can be found only on Monte Carlos. You want the first setup, dual diaphram, of course.

Back