You can type here any text you want

Different Pistons.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RED LS1

I'm trying figure out something here.

The Speed Pro/TRW pistons have a flat dished top and the Wiseco Pro Tru have the 2 valve reliefs in them. Are both of these a correct piston for our motors? Wouldn't the compression change somewhat between the 2? My cam is just a 212/212 Flat tappet right now and heads are champion Irons if that makes a difference.

compression will change based on total relief area and the compression height of the piston. Honestly I have no idea why some of those valve reliefs are they way they are. They aren't needed unless you're doing some sort of radical build.

The Weisco TruPro I bought a few years ago were dished basically stock forged replacements. Is this something you seen with your own eyes or is it a generic photo from a Performance parts website?

I'm trying figure out something here.

The Speed Pro/TRW pistons have a flat dished top and the Wiseco Pro Tru have the 2 valve reliefs in them. Are both of these a correct piston for our motors? Wouldn't the compression change somewhat between the 2? My cam is just a 212/212 Flat tappet right now and heads are champion Irons if that makes a difference.
The pictures you're seeing don't represent the actual product. Both are dished.

This is a Buick 3.8 Weisco ProTru I used, there are 2 comprssion heights available in their catalog. IMAG0218.jpg

Back