Digital Dash Problem

HotAirWH1

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Just Installed the digital dash that was refurbished by Casper's in the
Digital Dash Flickering.jpg
spring. Before I did it, I replace the 25 amp fuse behind the cluster. After plugging it in and starting the car the dash still flickers and reads stupid stuff for the fuel and trip meter . I took it for a spin around the block and the speedometer does not work also. It appears I may have other issues since the refurbished dash cluster electronics are good (assuming Casper's tested the unit prior to shipping it back to me). Where should I begin to look for the problem, Thanks in advance....

This problem is typical when the segment driver chips go bad. Unusual but does happen occasionally.

Your dash will need to come apart and the PC board will need to be serviced, and most likely all seven chips replaced.

Shall I send in the whole cluster or just the PC Board. You did the upgrade for me already this spring.

Might as well send the whole dash. We can make sure all the lights work properly and the flex board is good. Be sure to pack it well, and protect the reset knob shaft from getting hit in shipping.

Got your dash repaired. It had a defective interconnect that was badly corroded. There must have been some corrosion happening on your cluster, because several of the lamp sockets were also corroded.