You can type here any text you want

Digital dash vs analog...Was this an option?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboGN4life

I'm new to the GN turbo world and was wondering what is the deal with the digital vs analog dashes. Were they an option?

What years were the Digital dash offered? I'm guessing there were not as many as the analog. And then there was also the power sunroof option later on (maybe 87 only?). No idea how many of those either.

84-87 could be had with the digital dash. It was not strictly a turbo thing either. A regular non turbo Regal could be had with it. I never cared for them and a know a lot of other people that feel the same way as they can be problematic. There were a lot of cars made with the digital dash as it was a very popular option.

^^^ I didn't care for the digital dash either before I actually had one. Mine has been repaired and upgraded by Caspers and can now read up to 199 mph. I love it and now it wouldn't be a deal breaker (for me) if I was in the market for another TB that had a digital dash.

Last edited:
I had a digital dash in my '86 GN with astro roof . When my boys were little I would flip it to kilometers / hr and tell them we were going 100 mph ! They didn't know it was really 62 mph , they thought it was cool and didn't tell mom . :LOL:

For some reason, I remember that the digital dash was not offered in Canada. :rolleyes: Funny because there was a switch enabling you to convert it to km/h's… As for the sunroof, it was available each year.

Claude.

Digital dash car owner hear and I can say I like it! Its fun to see the dash light up red and orange and 85 mph flashing.

Back