Direct Scan & boost sensing harness

Warp6

Mine since '92
Is Direct Scan available with a boost sensing harness yet? If not, are there plans for it?

Not that I know of, but if you can graph the relationshiop between MAT temp and boost value you dont need it. ie: If you hook up tlink's boost sensing and graph say 0psi is 60* and 15psi is 120* (or whatever....just throwing numbers out) then you can figure out what boost is what. It just wont SAY boost in the UI.

Originally posted by Warp6
Is Direct Scan available with a boost sensing harness yet? If not, are there plans for it?

No, but you can use Ken Moshers cable, and the latest version of the DS will display MAT in scope mode, but it's in dF. Close, but not quite there.

With Ken's cable, the reported boost in deg. also isn't quite linear once you go over ~17psi as I'm currently running it just to play and based on a linear plot it said I was running 21 psi when my vdo reported 18 so you will have to make up your own scale as Ken's software does corrections for this.

Originally posted by BoostKillsStres
With Ken's cable, the reported boost in deg. also isn't quite linear once you go over ~17psi as I'm currently running it just to play and based on a linear plot it said I was running 21 psi when my vdo reported 18 so you will have to make up your own scale as Ken's software does corrections for this.

The ecm bias the coolant temp sensor with 2 different resistors, and it switchs them, and the engine gets hot. So that when warm the ecm has better resolution if the actual engine temp.

Originally posted by bruce

The ecm bias the coolant temp sensor with 2 different resistors, and it switchs them, and the engine gets hot. So that when warm the ecm has better resolution if the actual engine temp.

Yup, if you watched it on a voltmeter, you could see the change at 122* when it splits to the next "scale" It'll 0-5v then 0-5v again