DIVORCE SALE: 87 WE4 in D/FW

Nacho_WE4

Ok, so this is prolly the deal of the century. My wife just told me she is filing for a divorce. I need to get rid of as many assets as I can before we have to start dividing everything up officially. Anyway, I'll make this brief...

87 WE4 - Needs paint, bumper fillers, 2 front rims, and most importantly, the title is lost so you would need to request for a Lost Title from the city. I am not sure of the process but I believe u have to buy the car back from the city and then get a title that way? The original owner sold it to me years ago and I drove the car 6 months before stowing it away. The car has been with me since 1999 and never driven because I turned it into a project car. A few months later, i met my wife, we got married and popped out kids and the car took a back seat. I tried to resurrect her last year and I changed out all the fluids, etc, but then me and the wife had troubles and I put the car away again. Anyway, the car has:

Stock motor
Rebuilt "race" tranny
Precision Industries lockup converter 3500 stall
Posi
I purchased Jay Carter's Turbonetics T-70 4 bolt turbo and installed it but I have never started the car.
ATR 3" single shot exhaust
Red's double pumper
55# injectors
Tial Wastegate (this cost me $600 back in the day. It is Brand New and just needs to be installed)
ATR polished intake
CAS Front Mount intercooler

Pics of the car can be seen here: Putfile - Nacho's WE4

I also have a few smaller mods but I can't think of it at the moment. This is the DEAL OF THE CENTURY for someone in DFW. I live in Cedar Hill to be exact. I bought the car originally for $7000 and within 6 months, the car was on blocks and I dropped another $6000 into it. However, I do understand that someone would need to get the title back and put new paint on the car and I am also just trying to get rid of the car ASAP before we legally have to start separating our assets and liabilities. So honestly, I won't refuse a fair offer with cash in your hand.

Anyway, please call me. (214) 641-8368

Who did the tranny in it?

What are the miles on the car?

Was it a clean title, ever hit?

Guess you can delete her picture in your Putfile account.:biggrin: Good luck with your situation.

Hide your car at a friends house and tell her you sold it, give her a few bucks to divert her. So after the divorce you can get it back. Women now a days are crazy. They cann't wait to get married until they achieve their agenda. Then they loose their minds, prolly why i am not married.

Yea this all sux...

I can't believe it's happening to be quite honest. Damn. I still wanted to work things out and keep the family in tact. Oh well.

To answer your questions, jmidolo:

Yes, the title was clean. When the guy gave me the paperwork, i went to the DMV to transfer to my name but they needed me to have the car insured. So i went and got the car insured. A few days later, I missplaced the title. To this day, i suspect my ex-girlfriend took it because she was burning up at the time that I had purchased a "gangsta" car and would be out cruising around. I drove the car that way for a few months and then it went "Under Construction".

Not sure if the shop exists any longer, but there was a place in Richardson called "Richardson Auto Imports". I used to go there all the time and Adi Glatz, the owner, knew me. He had this guy named Rick who was the transmission master. I can't tell u all the parts that went into it but Rick said he installed a tranny rebuild kit from Mike Kurtz. The tranny has a shift kit in it and yes, the valvebody is the BRF kind or whatever the Buick was supposed to have. I can't remember the letters exactly. Anyway, I paid around $1,100 for the rebuild...

The car has 121,500 miles on it. Stock motor never rebuilt.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

If you got the title transfered into your name, you should be able to go to the DMV and get a duplicate title. That is something that you have to do before you sell this car. If you don't, it is just a bunch of parts.

Thanks for the info Dabigg...I never got the title transferred in my name. I am just looking to get rid of everything asap. So, yeah, I will entertain any offer. Take this "bucket-o-parts" off my hands. PLEASE!

Hey Nacho, I didn't mean to call your car a "bucket-o-parts". I understand that divorce is tuff......I lost a '68 fastback Mustang in my divorce.
I wish you luck.

The new buyer can always do a lien sale and get the paperwork to file for a new title, which may be faster and less of a hassle. Also, when you have lien paperwork, you don't have to owe any back taxes or penalties that may be owed.

Come on ya'll. All the parts alone in the care are very $$$.

How does 4K sound for EVERYTHING??? You get a car with a nice body, tranny, and a crapload of high dollar parts....

could i get pic.s?how bad is the rust,and the engine compartment?also interior?write back asap...thank you....

Carlos,
You have been Paypal'd. I'm really sorry to hear about your family problems. I'll send you an email on getting together this weekend.
Kevin

we4

Sounds like a shady deal to me. Talked to the guy on the phone, i asked him to apply for a lost title and he said he wasn't going to spend the money to do that, 10$ :rolleyes: In my opinion the car is only worth parts, because you will have a hard time getting a title. Maybe he didn't have the title in his name:eek: Its worth about 3000$ for parts.

Sounds like a shady deal to me. Talked to the guy on the phone, i asked him to apply for a lost title and he said he wasn't going to spend the money to do that, 10$ :rolleyes: In my opinion the car is only worth parts, because you will have a hard time getting a title. Maybe he didn't have the title in his name:eek: Its worth about 3000$ for parts.
just a guess here,but if he files for lost title it will HAVE to be in his name to do so,which means paper trail for lawyers during a divorce....as long as the car wasnt stolen,anyone can get a title very easily...and if it was stolen,some places can do leans and collect storage or just title the car..