Do i need chip up grade?

turbo1962

TurboTweak v5.6 2009 Alky chip was set up for stock heads, stock cam, TE61 turbo, stock location stretch intercooler, 60# injectors, 3200 stall,25# boost. Now i have 206/206 roller cam,ported iron heads,TE60 turbo, precision front mount intercooler,60# injectors,2500-2800 stall 22lbs boost. 3.5MAF . just having a hard time tuning. only have scan master. thanks

How much knock retard are you seeing? How old is your alcohol pump?
How are you determining that it's rich at first?

I was only able to take it out one day driving around before the snow hit. I was thinking around 2.0 . The pump was rebuilt but has been setting since 2009. At start up it puffs black smoke and runs ruff. but if you bring the rpm's up it will clear up pretty quick. I have no problem having the chip up graded if that will help. Thanks

Updating the chip won't fix black smoke, etc. However, normally we need to add WOT fuel for ported heads, unless you're not running much boost.
You mentioned you only drove it one time, so I would get more time on it to get some consistent readings. O2 at WOT, BLM's.
Alcohol pump is critical, so be very careful running one that old.

Updating the chip won't fix black smoke, etc. However, normally we need to add WOT fuel for ported heads, unless you're not running much boost.
You mentioned you only drove it one time, so I would get more time on it to get some consistent readings. O2 at WOT, BLM's.
Alcohol pump is critical, so be very careful running one that old.
Was running about 22# of boost.