You can type here any text you want

Do I need??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cope

Do I need a crank trigger if i upgrade from b to b, to Sequential?

Or a dual sync distributor if you are using a distributor. If you are and you switch to a crank trigger, you will need to modify your distributor so it is a sync pulse. From your sig I would guess you race a Mustang. Accel has a dual sync distributor for Fords that makes setup a lot easier. Any EMIC could get you one, if you are from eastern part of the country you can call Berrel Auto in PA, they would glady help you out.

Originally posted by JrTuner
Or a dual sync distributor if you are using a distributor. If you are and you switch to a crank trigger, you will need to modify your distributor so it is a sync pulse. From your sig I would guess you race a Mustang. Accel has a dual sync distributor for Fords that makes setup a lot easier. Any EMIC could get you one, if you are from eastern part of the country you can call Berrel Auto in PA, they would glady help you out.

Thanks for the info. My tuner says to switch to Sequential,because i'm switching from 83's to 160's.

By the way i do race a mustang:D ...

later

Cope

NEED a crank trigger? No. You need a crank signal from somewhere, and I think a crank trigger wheel is the best place to get it. Many people modify their distributors to generate a cam signal and run a crank trigger when they use a sequential EFI system as it is a fairly easy and inexpensive way to get the job done.

As mentioned, you can also buy a distributor that produces crank and cam signals.

Back