Do I really need LS,ish individual coils?

GTP_ARGO

I'm back on the conversion from carb to injection for the NASCAR stage engine in our IMSA car. Thinking about doing a three coil waste spark system not an individual coil per cylinder. Holley stopped making their 556-104 with the plug in on it. MSD makes a base 8870 that the twin tower coils will mount to. Engine is about 480 hp 4+ litre' 12.5/1 compression, no turbo, no nitrous. Do I really need spark control per cylinder? Will be using Kinsler injection with Holley ECU.

I run the TR6 from Bailey It uses a modern truck coil. At 25 lb boost I can gap the plug at .030 again no problem. Good option if I chose to go with a LS coil setup. OE ignition has been good but aging its a little old.

I'm back on the conversion from carb to injection for the NASCAR stage engine in our IMSA car. Thinking about doing a three coil waste spark system not an individual coil per cylinder. Holley stopped making their 556-104 with the plug in on it. MSD makes a base 8870 that the twin tower coils will mount to. Engine is about 480 hp 4+ litre' 12.5/1 compression, no turbo, no nitrous. Do I really need spark control per cylinder? Will be using Kinsler injection with Holley ECU.
You do not need it.

Thanks. Looks like I will go with the MSD 8870 base and available coils. It's not a huge deal but will be a little less wiring and will work with a Dominator ECU without extra drivers. It there a preferred cam sync cap?

Yes, Holley Dominator.

Attachments

• jm16 side view full size.jpg
    jm16 side view full size.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
that a very nice peace to look at
There is a Buick shop in Florida Cruz Performance building Holley wiring harness for Buicks and I believe he runs a stage II
Have you herd of Don at Cruz Performance ?