You can type here any text you want

Does Anyone Have Anymore Pics???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I found a few more pics of my car Ill post later... lets see em. (Double-O Where are you)

Its an 81 olds cutlass. Now its got about half the interior out of a 85 salon that is getting turned into a drag car. Not a buick but who cares! :D
picture596.jpg

picture444.jpg

Its not as messey as it was in this picture. Engine now is partly disasembled so it is messey just in a different way.
picture331.jpg

picture276.jpg

Love the Olds with Buick power but I must ask: What in the hell is all that power wiring for on the battery?

lmao:biggrin: x2... yeah, is there a bomb on that thing?:eek: I would post my pics, but my firewall is being a homo:mad:

Butchered wiring when I got the car, electric fans, electric fuel pump and the high fan speed will do that for ya. Its all in wire plastic wrap now so it looks way less ugly now. Just need to get a seperate fuse block to run stuff. Didnt want to spend any time on it because my electric fan is garbage, my radiator leaks, and I dont need my electric fuel pump anymore.

Was going to run all the stuff around my radiator overflow tank sometime this spring.

Butchered wiring when I got the car, electric fans, electric fuel pump and the high fan speed will do that for ya. Its all in wire plastic wrap now so it looks way less ugly now. Just need to get a seperate fuse block to run stuff. Didnt want to spend any time on it because my electric fan is garbage, my radiator leaks, and I dont need my electric fuel pump anymore.

Was going to run all the stuff around my radiator overflow tank sometime this spring.

Does your fan keep it cool? Mine does, but it`s loud as hell. I think I`m going to get a twin fan off a GN.

I bet I could put a battery in it and a little gas in the carb and it would fire up. Darn thing took a lot of abuse from me for 7 to 8 years. I did a lot of test and tune and buick events...I could hot lap it 24 times with out any problems.

Does your fan keep it cool? Mine does, but it`s loud as hell. I think I`m going to get a twin fan off a GN.

Hasnt overheated on me EVER. Had a 165 T stat in it and swaped it out for a 180. Ran too cold. Actually had it idleing for 15 minutes without a fan running and it only got to 200. It is a mystery fan I had on the rad when the 455 was in the car. It has nissan on it. keep in mind though the hottest the car has ever ran in was 85 or so.

I bet I could put a battery in it and a little gas in the carb and it would fire up. Darn thing took a lot of abuse from me for 7 to 8 years. I did a lot of test and tune and buick events...I could hot lap it 24 times with out any problems.

24 times:eek: I can do about 3 or 4 and my lifters start freaking out:biggrin: But that`s because I need to rebuilt it... but that`s still a hell or a lot of hot laps:biggrin:

Hasnt overheated on me EVER. Had a 165 T stat in it and swaped it out for a 180. Ran too cold. Actually had it idleing for 15 minutes without a fan running and it only got to 200. It is a mystery fan I had on the rad when the 455 was in the car. It has nissan on it. keep in mind though the hottest the car has ever ran in was 85 or so.

Mine runs too cold, my heat don`t kick-in for about 30 miles or so! Talk about a cold start:biggrin: I haven`t ran the car in the summer with just the electric fan, so I hope it keeps it cool or I will have to get a dual fan.

YES Jim White is killer! Plus ALL white cars are FAST.

I know envy is bad and a sin but I Really Really like your white '83. NICE

I hate to bring up bad times and memories but did you ever find out any positive info on the stolen T?

All the runs I made on the car was with groved cylinders. It would smoke pretty good at idle after about the 5 or 6th run. I would just shut it down and coast into the staging lanes so they wouldn't boot me off. That would give it enough time to cool the rings before the next run.

YES Jim White is killer! Plus ALL white cars are FAST.

I know envy is bad and a sin but I Really Really like your white '83. NICE

I hate to bring up bad times and memories but did you ever find out any positive info on the stolen T?
NOT A BLOODY THING. It would have to fall into their laps to find it.
I really don't ever want to see it again after it being gone this long...I can only hope that they warp it around a pole, they are awake and trapped in the car as it burns to the ground...not that I'm bitter or anything.
The plus side is the 86 had my crappie front rims off the 83, so I have 2 nice GN rims sitting in the garage.

That really sucks Jim. Damn people you know you don't mess with a man's car.
I like that you do have positive thought about it Jim.

I`m afraid to leave mine alone... especially in Flint! I get followed around and people drive around my house trying to steal my Regal all the time, I won`t park it outside the garage at all. I hate having guns around, but its time to get one!

Mncarbturbo I completely understand about the butchered wiring then that always sucks Wiring gremlins.

Back