You can type here any text you want

Does the ECM control the fan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

I was wondering if there is a temperature sensor that feeds a signal to the ECM that controls the fan. I pulled my motor last year and I pulled the radiator hoses. I remember in 2011 there was a probe that was inserted into the upper radiator hose and now I can't seem to find it and I'm thinking it is an aftermarket part. There is a yellow wire that comes out of the harness and it appears that it's a "male" part of the connector to the probe. I'm pretty sure this probe is aftermarket and I have no idea where find a replacement. If it is an aftermarket part someone had a heck of a time fishing it through the conduit.
Tomorrow I can post a picture of the yellow wire.

Yes ecm controls fan turn on and off. There's 2 sensors on intake manifold: one screw in through front other hoes down into intake. One of those 2 are your temp sensor

The sensor at the front of the intake on the driver's side is coolant temp for the ECM.

The sensor on the top of the intake above the coolant temp sensor is a actually ground switch which for the fan, and is activated by coolant when the engine reaches a temp set by the chip.

Back