Doing a Stage II swap into an 85 T/A!!

B

blown4now

What ALL do I need to change, and where can I get the a/c and p/s stuff, and all those goodies?? Motor mounts I know about, but any help would be great!!

Jake

Mmmmm, Stage 2 F-body... very cool!

The A/C compressor won't fit using any available bracket-- the GN heads are too wide. This is why Pontiac used the FWD heads on the TTAs. Not to say it can't be done, but you'll need to custom fab a bracket for the compressor.

As far as P/S, the TTA uses a small sunbird-style pump and a remote reservoir. I don't know if the brackets and parts are TTA specific or not, hopefully someone else can help.

I don't know anything about stage II, but the stock GN p/s pump/resevoir works fine and bolts right into the F-bod.

Thanks for that stuff, more than I knew!! And that car in the picture is sweet!! That's what I'm going for, depending on the paint of this car now, it'll either stay red if it's good, or if not it'll be a nice silver with electron blue accents (tastefully done of course!) Any more would be great!!

Jake

Originally posted by Gokou
Mmmmm, Stage 2 F-body... very cool!

The A/C compressor won't fit using any available bracket-- the GN heads are too wide. This is why Pontiac used the FWD heads on the TTAs. Not to say it can't be done, but you'll need to custom fab a bracket for the compressor.

As far as P/S, the TTA uses a small sunbird-style pump and a remote reservoir. I don't know if the brackets and parts are TTA specific or not, hopefully someone else can help.

boy some one should have told me that the a/c would not fit cause i have a/c in my stage2 tta and had power steering and its with all tta factory brackets

george :D

On the A/C fit topic: how much room is there for the big ugly air conditioning suitcase on the firewall? I was under the impression that this was where the A/C interference was. Hell, making a bracket should be a cinch.

It was 94°F today. Whatever this drivetrain goes into for me has to be conditioned!

factory bracket will fit fine and motor fits with the stock box in but it's tight with big valavecovers but stockers will be fine

george