You can type here any text you want

Door Labels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1985BuickGN

Does anyone have any ideas on how to replace the door labels? A friend suggested that I cut them off the door and photocopy them and make new ones. Just curious if anyone has any other ideas. I have to trash the drivers door due to rust issues and would like to transfer the GM and the PAS label over to the new door. Is there anyway to do this or can I get new labels made, or am I just screwed?

Thanks.

Same thought when I had my TTA resprayed, ended up having them masked but lost some of my VIN stickers in the process unfortunatly. Some say try with a hair dryer to loosen the glue and then take them off but I doubt that will work...

Anyway this is the guy I planned to have some done for me but never got around to it, he's doing stuff for the GN's and many of the decals are pretty similar being GM so he should be able to help you out with some repros, keep us posted on any progress as I'm sure many of us can use them as well

http://ras001.0catch.com/stickers/stickers.html

Thank you! I remember seeing his page once before several years ago, but forgot about it. I have sent him an e-mail and we shall see what happens. Maybe if a few others interested could post here or e-mail him too ( rselkirk@gt.rr.com ) then it might be worth his time, instead of just doing one for me.

I'm defenitly interested in getting a set for mine ! Along with a number of the VIN labels

He responded to my e-mail and said that he could probably do it. He just needs digital pics of the labels and dimensions. I will let him know you are interested too.

For the vin labels, do you know how many were on the car? I've only found 3, and they each appear to have some different numbers on them. I don't really have a good example to send him, any ideas?

For the vin decals there's on each bumper impact bar (front and rear) 1 on the inside of each fender (front) and one on each quarter panel (rear) as well as one on the inside of the hood and hatch panel. And 1 on each door. So there's at least 10 in total, there is some difference between them. I might be able to scan one of mine and send him, have to see how it turns out and let you know.

Wow, looks like mine has a few missing. From what I can tell, they're the same except for the Ser. No. I think the Pt. No. is the same, but without others to compare to I'm not sure. If it's not too much trouble, could you make a list of them all and what numbers went where? :biggrin: Thank you.

Just wondering if anyone out there could provide info on the vin stickers, how many there were, their location and the different numbers. Trying to get a list together so I can get these reproduced. I realize it's not an easy task, so any help is appreciated. If anyone else is interested in a set, let me know so I can have the guy make more. Thanks :)

Yes, I would like to get a few VIN stickers also, as I too am missing a couple.
I have one that I peeled off of my hood before I had it repainted. I could send him that one so he could match it exactly.

Actually, he sent me a pretty good picture of a scan that he has completed. It looks good so far. What I really need are the different serial numbers for each tag. Naturally, the vin number will be different for each car, but the serial number for each part should be the same for all. I think there were 10 different stickers total, so, 10 different serial numbers, but I don't know all of the different numbers and where they went. If a few people could help with this, that would be fantastic ;)

Attachments

• VIN anti-theft.JPG
    VIN anti-theft.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 268
That one looks great and identical (fonts etc as the OEM I have infront of me removed from my TTA) ... I take it he can put whatever VIN is needed in there?

Ok this is what I know at the moment:

Front bumpre reinforcement bar - 33VKB
Rear hatch panel - 33VKF
Hood - 33VK9
Passanger side door - 33VKC Note there is also the same label with a bar code and ser no 33VKH on there (just underneath the VIN sticker) Can e-mail picture if you like

If anyone got their cars apart (or rear interior out of the car) there's a VIN decal on the inside of each rear quarter. One on the rear bumper reinforcement bar. And one on the inside of each front fender pretty high up. I think that would be all of them.

When I pulled the spare tire , I could see one on the rear quarter.

Yep and there's one on the opposite rear quarter as well.

Could you let us know the serial number of that on on the spare tire rear quarter, the serial number is unique on each of these labels ... guess it tells the system where on the car the VIN sticker belongs.

Passanger side rear quarter (spare tire side) serial number is 1VPSA (this from one of the other TTA's in this country)

We are still missing the driver side rear quarter, both front fenders as well as the rear impact bar (under bumper)

If someone could verify the ones we have so far .... I got a feeling they might be different on different cars for some reason ....

I think you are right Jan, they were all different for each car. I wonder if there is a way to get a list from Pontiac that lists the serial numbers? I think I'll just have him do my door stickers for now and worry about the vin stickers later if we can find a solution.

If you have one of your VIN stickers you can order the full set as it's only the last character changing for each label .... mine all start with 33VK... and my friends TTA start with 1VPS ... then the last character would be 0-9 or A to Z but if you read the thread at thirdgen.org you get the picture.

So you can order all the VIN stickers but it would be some of a guess work where each of them originaly went ....

Did you send him a picture of the bar code sticker on the passanger side ... I guess this is the VIN in bar code format but he might know.

Do you havea proof both driver side door stickers?

Anyone else that can check all or most of their vin stickers ... this way we could build a matrix of a number of cars and see if theres some logic behind where GM put what serial number sticker.

I got some of mine and some of another UK TTA ... so can start with that ...

Back