You can type here any text you want

Door Speakers don't fit ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

c&cgn

It is, what it is...
I went to have some speakers installed and the installer took off the panel and said there currently are no speakers there and there is no room to install any ?

This is s non- CSII car, but I thought all TR had door speakers of some kind ?

it's possible that the previous owner removed them, but this guys said there is no room to put speakers in there because of the power window motor etc.

Is he on glue, or am I ?

I was assuming that pretty much any 5.25" speaker should fit, is that the case, even w/o CSII door panels ?

On CS cars, the inner door sheet metal is cut out in front of the PW motor. Personally, I wouldn't have it done. I don't know if this will help you, but on some late 80s, early 90s, Bonnevilles, they have a small door speaker, about 3.5", and cover that attaches to the outside of the panel. With that speaker situation, the door doesn't need to be torn up.

My GN had the pass door replaced with a Regal that did not have the CSII. I removed both panels and eyeballed the hole on the CSII door and cut a hole in the replaced door. You will also need a spacer to mount the speakers in. I got mine either from EBay or G Body parts. WIth good speaker in the dash and doors it sounds great.

Would it be best to buy some CSII lower door panels as well, or does it make a difference ?

THe lower door panels w/o the CSII would have to be cut out the the speaker to poke through, you would also need the cover to go over the speaker. They stick out a little about 1/2 if I remember right. Dont have any pictures. Make sure you are committed before cutting, find a GN with the CSII to look at.

I just had the CSII done

I got an old set of covers from a vendor and had the installer modify (cut) the inner door skin to fit the back of the speakers just in front of the window motor. With a little work, he put a 4" speaker in the door. Originally, the CSII in the doors was bigger, but the 4 works well enough. Replaced the speakers in the dash with a better one (tweeter/midrange) and the back deck, staying with a 4x10 due to the available space. Also mounted an amp on the drivers side of the trunk and put a small bazooka tube in the trunk and installed straps to keep in in place for high boost launches.
It is a good, reasonably priced fix for a weekend driver.

Be very careful who you have do the work. I have to get some minor welding done to the inner door skin to fix the inner door skin from where the previous outfit cut one of the door supports...

Still stock appearing inside, but now I can hear it.

Csii

my car was on a CSII car from the factory but i bought the lowers and the factory speakers and baskets had a friend of mine cut out the holes in the doors the factory speakers sounds great with a 300HZ blockers on them

my currents combo is a JVC head unit 50X4 poineer 2 channel 300 watt amp sony explode 6x9 three ways( the tweeters are unhooked) stock CSII door speakers and pioneer 3.5 2 ways+ 300hz blockers

has great sound no it don't rattle the car next to me but it'll work :)

Back