You can type here any text you want

Dorman 747-000 Rear Hatch Motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BUICKT

The plastic housing on my TTA's hatch motor busted so I've been researching replacements. I've seen this "complete" Dorman set on Amazon (which is only the motor and ) for $46... http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001KQ43RE/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I'm wondering if it's any good by others experiences??

My other options seem to be to buy the stock replacement housing (only) through Hawks for $32.99 or hit the wrecking yards, but my thoughts are the ones at my local Pick N' Scrap will probably be just as weak and brittle as mine and not last long. Any input, guidance, or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Johnny

Get the complete motor, and gear assembly from Top Down Solutions. I tried the reinforced housing from Hawks, and they kept breaking.

I wound up ordering the Dorman motor w/housing last night so hopefully It'll bolt up and work fine. (Hope,hope).

Just wanted to give you all an update for future reference.. The Dorman part came in today and it was a simple install that took roughly 30min start to finish. Everything is functioning great... I would definitely recommend this part to anyone needing to fix the hatch mechanism.

Just wanted to give you all an update for future reference.. The Dorman part came in today and it was a simple install that took roughly 30min start to finish. Everything is functioning great... I would definitely recommend this part to anyone needing to fix the hatch mechanism.
Hopefully it works out for you. I installed the new parts from Hawks 2 times, and they would only last a couple of weeks, and then break again. Then I got the newer style motor assembly from Top Down, and it's been holding together ever since

Back