You can type here any text you want

double x-mas kill

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigregm

I haven't drove my '86 GN for some time now, so I decided to drive it on X-mas. So there I am cruising down this parkway, I looked in my mirror and saw these two cars coming up quick! It didn't me too long before I realized they were RACING! One was a mid '70s Cougar, the other was a '99-'01 Saleen. They were brothers out goofing around when they noticed they were coming up on a redlight. I had already stopped when they pulled up. The Cougar was in front of Saleen, when all of a sudden Greenlight. He pulled off kinda hard[I guess to see what I was goind to do] when I notice he had it in low gear! So we hit it and within seconds I jumped five cars out then let off of it. Now I gotta admit, the old Cougar was a turd but I was trying to bait the Saleen, well it worked because he blew past the Cougar to get to me. So I slowed down to about 20-25mph and rolled down the window. Man that thing was sweet! He was a cool guy, he told me that his uncle had a GN when he younger but he bought that Saleen to out run cars like that! Man all I could do then was roll up my window, and then it was on! He just CALL ME OUT. So we hit it from about 20 or so, and he jumped on me 1\2 a car when that big 63 came on, and I blew past that SALEEN like it was a Focus! Man I beat him so bad all he could do in defeat was turn off on a side street. I guess he was going to beg for his money back!

When will they learn! At least you get races, so far I've only played with a C5 with temp tags. Gave him a little when he tried to pass me and put 3 cars on him(trying to bait him). It didn't work he didn't want any........

That's it. It's been a bad winter so far and the TTA is sleeping till this round of snow disappears(5 inches and still coming down)

I guess I'll have to wait till spring. Should be good my 50's and cutout will be on by then............:D

He bought the Saleen to outrun a GN? :confused:
That dude needs to wake up before Christmas is over.
Nice kill.

Originally posted by bigregm
So we hit it from about 20 or so, and he jumped on me 1\2 a car when that big 63 came on, and I blew past that SALEEN like it was a Focus!

Man, I love our cars!:cool:

I'm in Winston-Salem brother! My mods are, 63 series turbo, 009's, stainless Terry Houston, chrome 3in. maf pipe with 14" K&N filter, stock intercooler with 3" neck, also trans is built to the hilt, 3000stall, shift kit and all. I haven't ran it with this combo yet but I expect great times with it considering I was running 7.95@ 86mph with stock combo and slicks. So what ya think?

Nice combo. I've had mine to the track once. Had boost problems all night. It would only leave with 3 psi and hold it at 5 psi til i got to the middle of 2nd gear. By then I was halfway down the track. I later found out I was letting off the gas early too. The finish line was a bit further up the track than I thought..lol. Only ended up running low 15s to mid 14s all night out of 4 or 5 runs. I did outrun a mid 90's Vette though. Luckily my g/f got a picture of that. I was planning on trying again tonight, but it looks like rain. I'm hoping for a low 12 to high 11 with some good gas and tires though.

Man you are lucky, our tracks are closed in this area. My car should run some mid to low 7's in the 8th, can't wait 'til the track open!

Back