You can type here any text you want

Down pipe donut replacement

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNONYX

I'm not sure if anyone has replace or eliminate the d/p donut.
I removed both cracked headers, d/p, and cross-over pipe. I did notice between the d/p and turbo housing was a donut with a metal ring inside the ceramic donut. My question is there a donut replacement or just replace it with something else, or from the pictures below of I can this use the same donut?

Attachments

• Muffler 008.jpg
    Muffler 008.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Muffler 010.jpg
    Muffler 010.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Muffler 009.jpg
    Muffler 009.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Muffler 012.jpg
    Muffler 012.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Muffler 014.jpg
    Muffler 014.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 122
I would get a new donut. They have a graphite(?) coating on them. Yours looks like its seen better days.

that donut doesn't look to bad and you could probably put it back in there. As long as it's still soft so that it crushes correctly into the downpipe and seals you should be fine. Push on it with your fingernail and if you can make a groove it should still be ok just make sure if you put it back on you can't see any exhaust coming out of the connection when you rev it. If you do want to replace it they do make new ones you can get for like $15-$20. I have a donut that all i did was put on my down pipe as a test fit and now i'm getting a new downpipe so if you want it i'll send it to you for $10 it has 0 miles on it.

Here's i pic of the donut i have if you want it it's your's for $10 shipped or you can atleast see what a new donut looks like compared to yours for an idea of if yours is usable or not.

0410001241.jpg

NAPA has them for about $10- they might not have the listing on the computer, but it can be matched up pretty easily.

Back