You can type here any text you want

down pipe?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bosted86

have a little money ($500) to spend and I still have the stock down pipe set up. will a TH style downpipe make much difference in power ad spool up or should i go in a different direction and why?

thanks for any suggestions.
pat

With the mods you already have on the car I'd say a TH style 3" downpipe would definitelty be a worthwhile addition. A THDP seems to pay dividends on 12 sec and faster cars.

On my other car I sold a few years back I had the TA49 turbo with a stock downpipe. Then I bought a THDP and I noticed immediately better spool up and even picked up a couple of mph with it. So if it was me I would buy a downpipe for it. That should let that 49 breathe a little easier.:biggrin:

no intentions on hijacking this thread.....but where would one find a downpipe compatible with an external wastegate???

I Had One On My Gn When It Was Running Low 13 With The Addition Of The Down Pipe And 2 And A Half Inch Exhaust Ran 12.63@107 Mph Back In 2002 Lot Faster Now Lol!!!!

I have a almost new jethot coated BGC 3" downpipe for sale- $350. shipped-comes with a upgraded ( no sticking or hanging up ) better inconel flapper-larger for better boost and high temps. I went to a external wastegat is reason for selling.

...Gn1 performance has a good quality 3" that comes with an external wastegate setup...i just bought one and its a very nice piece for 450...noah.

Back