You can type here any text you want

Downpipe flare

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboT89

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get the first few inches of a 2.5 down pipe made out of stainless steel and sent to me? It leaks to much around the donut. Also, what donut is the correct one? I have 4 donuts (all different) made by 3 different companies. How tightly should the donut fit into the stock elbow?

Thanks!

I have a complete 1pc ATR 2.5 SS downpipe for the '86- '87 TR. It was made to clear ATR headers and bolts to the stock wastegate elbow. $75 shipped.
I bought the headers in '90 or '91 and used this DP for a couple thousand miles before switching to a bowling green customs wastegate elbow and 3.0 DP.
I'm not sure why they made this as we all know (now) that if you run fast enough to NEED headers, you NEED way bigger than a 2.5 DP.

I guess it was supplied with the headers for the dummies (me) that thought headers would help on a 13 sec. GN with a stock turbo and stock wastegate elbow. Lol. I will have to get a photo tomorrow.

Back