You can type here any text you want

Downstairs in garage, need help quick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboJim

JCC Racing Member Forum Tech Advisor
Staff member
Installing my FAST. Can I run the car in/out of the garage w/o the O2 hooked up. Just set it open loop?

Cant weld bung in dp till tomorrow

Thanks for the reply, I tried it and it started, and its running and idles pretty well now. Took some time. I guess its a good thing I left the old O2 in it and left my POS Autometer AF gauge hooked up. I tuned it to where the AF meter was with the stock ECM. Its pretty close. Got plenty to do still. Main thing was Restart vs coolant temp. Needed a lot of fuel. PLayed with throttle follower, some AE/TPS and AE/MAP too.

Anyone have any hints in getting the idle a little more steady? The thing idles at 970ish just fine, till the fan comes on. I played with the IAC gains and got it to merely a stumble instead of a stall. Craig or Lance, can you build some load anticipation into these units? Like cooling fan on, raise IAC X amount of steps. Put car in gear, raise IAC a certain amount of steps. Again, it doesnt stall anymore, but it still stumbles a bit prior to catching itself and compensating.

I also didnt have the O2 on the car. Tuning it totally open loop too. AE numbers took a decent amount to keep the car running.

Least its running. Thanks for the reply anyway!

Jim, take a look at the map cell that the FAST is going to when the fans come on. That cell isn't exactly where it wants to be. Work on the steady state stuff (VE table) before the transitional stuff.

only 3 hours to get it running

here i am at the nationals, car wont run right at all, caspers just happens to have a transplant wiring harness, bought the fast system, 3 hours later and a trip to muffler shop 3 miles away, the car ran! made 3 passes, and went 10.79 Yippee...... My thanks to CAl Hartline, and Caspers... the system is cool!

Back