You can type here any text you want

Drag radial choices with wheel sizes....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey guys, Many of you know im in the middle of a resto-mod ground up on my GN, the engine will be in the 750HP range, Major suspension and frame mods have been completed, I have always ran 15" wheels for the good choice in DR sizes, Im looking at upgrading to 16 or 17" wheels to allow for bigger brakes, my question is, On the lower profile tires asscoiated with the bigger wheels how does the traction differ? Less give in a sidewall would affect ride for certain, but what about traction? Thanks in advance for any info, Ryan

Well I do know nitto makes DRs up to 20. As far as how they hook and wear, couldn't tell ya. One thing you could do to find out other opinions if you don't get it from this board is go tire rack and see what opinions users have left for each brand. Or you can google in customer rating on "(whatever brand)" or something close to that and find out. I read one time a guy got almost 30k on nitto 555r's.

Im thinking im going to go with some 17 or 18's like I wanted to, Hopefully it hooks! That'll leave me some room for brakes!!!

Yeah, I was thinking if I ever do a set of wheels I'm gonna go 17s. Be a nice compromise between tire and wheel.

Back