You can type here any text you want

Drag Radial HELP!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ok i want to run MT Drag Radials what size will fit under my car (stock suspension) and fit my stock aluminum wheels??

This has been asked a million times, "what's the biggest tire I can put on my stock rims", use the "search" button up top.

255/60 for stock 7" wide wheels is my recommendation. 275's will be bulging, not saying they won't fit though :rolleyes:

Correct me if i am wrong. If you go to the 275's rather than the 255's you would chane the ratio in your rear engd from a 342 to a ???. Will this make a difference in the performance and the speedo? And if i have figured correctly it is 28" tall and stock is around 26" tall.So what would be a good matched front runner 205/70 or 215/65?

agree 100% - they look great, and dont bulge

Bull crap :eek:

Mine bulge like Shaq in a woman's bikini.

The 275 will fit on a GN wheel, but it is EXTREMELY close to touching in very many points on the car....I would go 255 if I had to do it all over again...

Well i got 295/50/15s on back of mine, a thin spacer on driver side thats what came on the car when i got it, and i put on a new set! (on the rear).Also my car has been lowered by first owner.

To me, the main question was not what would fit great, but what would fit OK and give me traction. If you have a close to stock car, these quys are right, Put a 255 or so on a stock 8" rim, but if you have 400 hp or so, they might fit but you won't be able to get on the car. I have 10" drag stars w 4 1/2" backspacing on the rear with 275 60 15 Nitto's. They are BIG and sure, you need to have air in the air bags or they will hit the wheel well on a sharp whoop de whoop. BUT at least I can get on the car in first gear (somewhat) :D . I made the decision to put up with a little stiffer ride (air bags) so I could have traction. What is the sense of having a 10-11 sec car that you can't get on in first gear. NOW if I can figure out how to make it go straight till the D/R's hook..... :eek:

ok so i got the 275/60s on and they are HUGE! they dont rub but the killed my time at the track...what about 235/60s they are 26in tall and 8.4in wide. The 275/60s are 28in tall and 9.2in wide...i think thats why they killed my times at the track...

ok so i got the 275/60s on and they are HUGE! they dont rub but the killed my time at the track...what about 235/60s they are 26in tall and 8.4in wide. The 275/60s are 28in tall and 9.2in wide...i think thats why they killed my times at the track...

PM sent

i have 275/50/15 1.63, 1.66, 1.67 60ft times, but i think youre still doin good for an unopened motor in your sig, your almost at a high 11.

i dont quiete know about the stock rim fitment, my rears are 8 in. wide. but no rubbing whatso ever i also have a 3.5" back space.

He didnt post a time. I think your looking at my sig. I quoted 87regal98formy in my post and added PM sent

Yes i believe you correct.

I pulled a 1.7 60ft but it was on 12psi launch and only went a 13.11 at 101mph. I have ALOT to do to this car though. I have a slightly bigger than stock turbo and stock injectors....no tune and some type of cam.

Back on track...does anyone think that the 235s will work for me....i just dont want it to kill the gear.

235's will work for your set up if you don't mind a skinny looking tire. Here's when I had 235/60 MT DR's. I have since installed the 275/60's and just don't like the look of a 28" tire in the back and a 26" tire in the front so I am going to compromise and have ordered the 255/60's which are 27".

People have to remember, there's more to traction than just bolting on bigger tires. You can make the 235's work if everything else is dialed in.......

Attachments

• My T 006.jpg
    My T 006.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 175
Back