Anyone Run Hoosier 295/55/15 Hoosier DOT Drag Radial Tires 17313DR2

GNVYUS 1

These could fit both my cars and MT doesn't make the Street R in this size. 295/55/15

Reviews were great, many said they hooked better than Street R and the thread does look more like the Radial Pro.

Hoosier tech said..
Steel belt (Street R nylon)
No rain at all (obvious looking at it)
Similar to Radial Pro, (DOT legal but barely enough to pass DOT standard)

Anyone on here roll with these?
Seems like 90% of Drag Radial market is MT but someone on here has too have experience.

These could fit both my cars and MT doesn't make the Street R in this size. 295/55/15

Reviews were great, many said they hooked better than Street R and the thread does look more like the Radial Pro.

Hoosier tech said..
Steel belt (Street R nylon)
No rain at all (obvious looking at it)
Similar to Radial Pro, (DOT legal but barely enough to pass DOT standard)

Anyone on here roll with these?
Seems like 90% of Drag Radial market is MT but someone on here has too have experience.
I have run them
What would you like to know?

These hook as legit as the reviews say?
1 guy said it was .001 within his slick 60ft, after like 5 break in runs, damn.

They wobbly on the highway or did the steel belts firm them up like the SS tires at high speed?

Since you've ran them...
Rank them for street hooking...

Mickey T Radial Pro
MT Street R
Hoosier DOT (above)

What's something to know about them you'd add, maybe tire pressure needs to be lower than normal, even damp roads these are a mess drive like you're in the Grandpa National, wear out super fast etc?

Thanks

These hook as legit as the reviews say?
1 guy said it was .001 within his slick 60ft, after like 5 break in runs, damn.

They wobbly on the highway or did the steel belts firm them up like the SS tires at high speed?

Since you've ran them...
Rank them for street hooking...

Mickey T Radial Pro
MT Street R
Hoosier DOT (above)

What's something to know about them you'd add, maybe tire pressure needs to be lower than normal, even damp roads these are a mess drive like you're in the Grandpa National, wear out super fast etc?

Thanks
I've had them go up to 5k on the street on a mt with r2 compound.
Hoosiers go away alot faster
How it used is key.
If the car doesnt blow the tires away you can get time.
At the heavier Buick weight the wash is eliminated with the radial and the right suspension setup.
As far as the street a radial car cannot lay down the et of a slick.
on the track different story but it will need to be radial prepped to make that tire shine,if not your going nowhere and the radials are not forgiving at all
Nothing like a slick.

Thanks Spool

MT SS 275/60/15 = 11.1" section width
Hoosier Dr2 295/55/15 = 12.3" section
MT Street R 325/50/15 = 13" Section

I'm gonna try to stuff the 325/50/15 into my GN, with the frame notch I'll gain roughly 1" in BS so that covers the bulge there and I'll raise the car up and hide the offset 1" with my fender flares. The R seems like a better option for my needs.

I'll roll with the 295 Hoosier in my GTO that car can't fit a bigger tire than the current 295/55/15 SS and there's no chance I'm in the rain etc with a convertible anyways.

Thanks Spool

MT SS 275/60/15 = 11.1" section width
Hoosier Dr2 295/55/15 = 12.3" section
MT Street R 325/50/15 = 13" Section

I'm gonna try to stuff the 325/50/15 into my GN, with the frame notch I'll gain roughly 1" in BS so that covers the bulge there and I'll raise the car up and hide the offset 1" with my fender flares. The R seems like a better option for my needs.

I'll roll with the 295 Hoosier in my GTO that car can't fit a bigger tire than the current 295/55/15 SS and there's no chance I'm in the rain etc with a convertible anyways.
When I run radials on my nt cars it's a 3156015pro and r.

You will need to massage the wheel tub because it starts to taper out just above the frame . Put a straight edge on the notch and swing it around to see where " adjustments " are needed . I had to do this to tuck a 295x65-15

Thanks for the replies...

Dynoman, will that be needed if the 325/50/15 is 28" tall vs your 30 etc? Thanks

Probably because the radius is only 1" taller inside the wheel tub . When you do the notch you will see how it tapers . I "adjusted" mine with a sledge hammer . I sounds crude but it's not bad , just work your way around the tub where needed and lightly undercoat or paint afterwards and you can't tell . I had mine on a lift so it was much easier to do .
Fender lips are rolled also .

Got it, I'll keep that in mind when I have the front sus done and we're looking at it on the rack.

Ok now we have a new concern...

Rear coil overs
There's a large bracket they make for these to fit in, it's gonna probably interfere with the 325, is there anything you guys can comment on here?

I have a bad feeling I'll be doing more research and planning on modding this all to work nicely.

I've ran both R series and MT ET Street ss
R is faster but Et street s/s are more forgiving in the rain

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231127-145713_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231127-145713_Gmail.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Ok now we have a new concern...

Rear coil overs
There's a large bracket they make for these to fit in, it's gonna probably interfere with the 325, is there anything you guys can comment on here?

I have a bad feeling I'll be doing more research and planning on modding this all to work nicely.
I told you
You need to go taller
The road your on you will hook less and have more aggravation