You can type here any text you want

Drag Radial question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sandman_GN85

Someone help me?
Hey, this might sound dumb but me and my bro are arguin over something. When you have drag radials, don't you only put them on the back when driving a rear wheel drive car liek our car? And which are the best for 15 inch rims? Thanks, btw pics are helpful

Drag radials are only for the drive wheels. I have seen DR's on all 4 wheels of an Eclipse GSX, but then again it's all wheel drive.

275/50/15's are perfedt for TR's. They are perfect of a 15X8 rim and are not any taller than the stock tire so your speedometer stays the same.

Shortly after the BFG drag radials came out and me not knowing
anything about them, I ran to Summit racing and bought a set
and put them all the way around on my 95 Trans Am, boy was
that a mistake, within a month the front tires had the corners
peeled off of them. They are too soft for the front, especially on a
car that is going to be doing any hard cornering.

James

When my friend was doing spectator circle track drags he ran 4 drs. It's popular to do that for the specy's that the track he was at. I don't know about others. No way would you want to do that on the street.

You may want to waut for the MT Drag Radials to come out early next year. The 275/60 has gone 8.6 @ 158. Sounds like a killer tire!!!

Originally posted by John Wilde
You may want to waut for the MT Drag Radials to come out early next year. The 275/60 has gone 8.6 @ 158. Sounds like a killer tire!!!

Do you have any more info on these or a link where I might read about them? I'm going to go back to dr's for the street , but would be willing to wait for these. Let us know!!

After I wrote the above I found this

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/whatsnew.html

Looking forward to these!

Here is some information from another racing board.
It looks like they won't be out until march.

No, Paul, actually damn-near the ENTIRE Wild Street field was wearin' the new MT drag radial at the PSCA World Finals last weekend. MT brass were everywhere, taking notes and monitoring the results from each test vehicle. The blue, flamed "show car" that had the tires on at SEMA wasn't even at the race!
I was racing myself, so I unfortunately didn't get to "see" very much during the major comparative (BFG/MT head to head) testing that went on on Friday, but from the ETs and mile an hours that we did get to see on Sunday after we got eliminated, it ain't hard to tell that there's "something" in that new compound and design. Conditions were VERY good/borderline perfect when the Wild Street finals were run, and both cars in that final put down numbers they had never come close to at any other part of the season. 8.67/158 (SBC nitrous Camaro) and 8.93/153 (SBC nitrous Nova). Might not be exact numbers, but they're close. Steve Short's turbo Mustang is the "first in the 8s" on the new Mickey tire. I was told by the Wild Street racers that I did get to speak with, that overall they were all impressed with how the thing worked. It was pretty unanimous. They all reported much better 60-footers, and said top-end stability was excellent.

So, if it's a slick in "radial's" clothing or whatever, it seems like it's gonna do pretty well for PSCA's Wild Street racers in '04.

Kaje

KJ JONES Racing
Reseda, CA
www.kjjones.com

This is from MT web site

-----------------------------

What's New From Mickey Thompson
ET Street Radials

The most exciting addition to our street tire line up is the new Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial, a D.O.T. approved street legal drag radial. This new tire provides great traction and acceleration on the strip and excellent control on the street. Available soon in sizes to fit most applications.

Part # Size
3752R P235/60R15 (26x9.50R15) Coming Soon

3753R P275/50R15 (26x11.50R15) Coming Soon
3754R P275/60R15 (28x11.50R15) Coming Soon
3757R P325/50R15 (28x13.50R15) Coming Soon
3762R P295/65R15 (30x12.50R15) Coming Soon
3763R P315/60R15 (30x13.50R15) Coming Soon
3793R P255/50R16 (26x10.50R16) Coming Soon
3743R P275/40R17 (26x11.50R17) Coming Soon

Good, another competitor that makes a DR that will fit. Hope that drives the price of them down alittle.

i wish someone would make a larger selection of drag radials for 16" rims...the biggest i can find for a 16" wheel is a 245/50/16...i would love to have a 275/60/16 or something similar...now since i want to get drag radials on the street i have to swap back to my stock factory wheels and use the GNX wheels for the strip!:(

Originally posted by d0n_3d
i wish someone would make a larger selection of drag radials for 16" rims...the biggest i can find for a 16" wheel is a 245/50/16...i would love to have a 275/60/16 or something similar...now since i want to get drag radials on the street i have to swap back to my stock factory wheels and use the GNX wheels for the strip!:(

BFG was making a drag radial in a 255-50-16..

Not a huge difference,But they are a little bit bigger..

Back