You can type here any text you want

Drag Radial Tire ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Been upgrading the car and having traction issues , what tire and size are folks running on stock wheels ? Thanks Keith

275/60/15 Mickey Thompson pro drag radial or the new Hoosier QuickTime Pro . Both work great . Cars are running down in the 8s on these tires & they don't rub .

Lol are you asking us or telling us. Why I ask is because I was curious as to your goals. Are you looking for a good short time on a well prepped track, or are you looking for some decent hook on concrete streets. They're a little different with regards to suspension builds and tire selection.

Lol are you asking us or telling us. Why I ask is because I was curious as to your goals. Are you looking for a good short time on a well prepped track, or are you looking for some decent hook on concrete streets. They're a little different with regards to suspension builds and tire selection.
I'm just asking about what size and brand that folks run as a drag radials ? What folks run on the street

I ran a hoosier drag radial in 275/50 on 10" widened stock rims. Really nice tire and really nice quality but they wore out in 12 weekends, so like 500 miles if that. I now have 27x10.5 mickey thompson slicks and they're a touch better for grip, and seem to be holding up a little better so far. :) I can still spin them on the street though.

I'm just asking about what size and brand that folks run as a drag radials ? What folks run on the street
I ran a hoosier drag radial in 275/50 on 10" widened stock rims. Really nice tire and really nice quality but they wore out in 12 weekends, so like 500 miles if that. I now have 27x10.5 mickey thompson slicks and they're a touch better for grip, and seem to be holding up a little better so far. :) I can still spin them on the street though.
Good deal , Thanks for the info . Its always fun to spin the tires :) And the BFG's on the car will do that :) Thanks Keith

Back