You can type here any text you want

drag radials

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eviljay

I'm looking for some feed back on what to run for rear tires. Last year I put in a new TCI tranny and only drove the car 600 miles tops. The car is not a daily driver mostly to local shows and once or twice to the local drag strip. I want to put on somthing agresive looking. Tread wear is not really an issue but i want to stay with the stock rims so I will need to stay with a set of 16s. Any info will help me make a choice. I'm looking at the BF Goorich drag raidials or the Nitto 555r. Like I said any info will help.

I'd say go with the 555r's. I have the BFG DR's on my car right now, and I do not like them at all. I think the nitto is an all around better tire, and it is a bit cheaper. The BFG's have worn away at twice the rate of the nitto's and handle like poop in the rain. I ran a 1.62 60 foot time with the nitto's, the BFG's hook good at the track, but I think the nitto's are better and they handle rain a lot better.

go with the 555r's!

~Murt

I have had great luck with my BFGDRs, not good in rain but that shouldn't be an issue since you only drive it 600 miles/yr in nice weather. Nittos better for all around driving, and BFG's do wear faster, hence softer rubber and better to hook with at track, but the Nittos have a better look to them.

Thanks for the info, but I guess what I wanted diden't matter. Fed-ex showed up with a set of nitto 555r's. My wife heard me talking about it and took it upon herself to order them without telling me.

Originally posted by eviljay
My wife heard me talking about it and took it upon herself to order them without telling me.
Must be one heck of a wife you have there! Maybe I should start talking about a new turbo, 50# injectors, and a supercharger for my truck around my wife...and refer her to thins link so she can see how other TR guys are treated by their wives...hehe :)

Last year she ordered my TCI tranny, but I knew about that and this year I want to do a new fuel pump and injectors.....

Back