You can type here any text you want

Drilling stock T wheels for 5/8ths studs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

Anyone ever do this? Looks like there is enough meat to do so.

With the 5/8th stud washers

2012-03-02_17-32-26_596.jpg

2012-03-02_17-33-21_480.jpg

I've done it with mustang cobra r wheels. I layout the holes with the mill, so that the wheel runs true, and It works fine. You really need to spotface the wheel for the aluminum washer/ spacer or you'll never get a good torque.

Thanks mean mike. I wonder if I could pull this off without a mill, if I take my 5/8ths bit and let the acorn seats guide me.

Measure one of your drag wheels, but I think the thru hole is actually a little over 11/16". My moser washers measure .700" ID (45/64). If the wheel fits tightly on the hub register in the center of the axle, then you can probably get by without a mill and cutting oversize won't hurt anything. But, you probably want to drill from the backside. Since the drill is a shallower angle than the acorn seat, drilling on the front would be next to impossible. Look at the angle on the drill vs. the lug nut and you'll see. The drill would only cut on the edges with nothing to center it.

trying to enlarge a hole in aluminum with a hand drill is a good way to find out what happens when the bit grabs and yanks the drill out of your hand.. it's especially fun if you have a really powerful drill spinning really fast and you grip the drill really tight..

Back