You can type here any text you want

Driver p/w not going up or down

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BUICKT

I can hear the motor running when I hit the switch but the window doesn't move....

I haven't driven my TR in a few days and tonight after I fired her up I went to roll down the driver side window and it stopped in place after about a 4in. drop. I heard a two or three clicks immediately after stopping (like maybe plastic?) from the window motor area and that was it... Tried to roll it up and nada.

I pulled the door panels off and can hear the window motor which sounds like normal but I'm not seeing anything such as them motor gears inside. I'm thinking that it's gotta be something simple, but would really like to hear from some of you on what the matter is and how to resolve the issue to get my window functioning again properly.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Johnny

Next, U drill out the rivets, and take the motor assy out....

Time to pull the window out and take the regulator with the motor attached out. Best thing to do are remove the stops and let the window drop down. remove the outside window belt molding raise the window up and remove. Then pull the regulator out with the motor. I know it seems like a lot of work but you will know exaclty whats wrong with the window. Its much easier to replace the motor when the whole regulator is out. I ve done it quite a few times now and will say pulling everything is faster than trying to mess with it crouched down on your knees. Nos4gn has the window motors for a good price too.

Thanks for the reply Chuck. Are you thinking that it's the motor or the regulator?.... Or will I need to pull the entire assembly to get to the regulator?
What Stefan said....(y)

There's also a recent thread about curing window speed issues. A good time to do that, too.

Stefan & Chuck... Thank you very much! I will check Nos4gn shortly about the motor(s)... (May do passenger side too). Hopefully this will be something that I can get started on later this evening, provided my wife & kids give me a little free time. lol. Thanks again!

It's could jammed on the drivers mirror adjuster cable.

Pop the door panels off and take a look first.

I prefer the 1" hole saw at the dimples in the metal door panel method, then you just unbolt the motor and bolt in a new one. :cool:

And the next time there's a problem it's much easier to remove it.

Inside the gear assembly there are 3 plastic balls that act as a safety to keep from striping the gears over time they will disintegrate we have in many older cars just used 1/4 nuts for replacement lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are behind the gear cover that is held on with 3 Phillip screws

They are behind the gear cover that is held on with 3 Phillip screws

Thank you... Good info to know. I havent been able to pull the motor out yet being that my hole saw has too long of a drill bit to cut for access to the motor's bolts (I really like salvagev6's idea on doing this). I purchased one that I believe will work well on ebay and I'm just waiting for that to arrive.

End result.

Don't forget to clamp the X part so the loose window parts won't guillotine your hand off when taking the motor out. :eek:

Usually hole saws have adjustable depth bits with an allen head screw on them.

Back