You can type here any text you want

Driver's side header help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BIGONTS

I was about to take my exhaust parts to get ceramic coated before I put the engine back in and noticed this on the driver's side header. The doughnut part looks pretty smashed and I don't believe it would seal correctly with the crossover pipe. Just ended up getting my DP and up-pipe done for now.

Can anyone locally fix this for me or am I just better off getting another header? If so, let me know what you got, how much and your location?

Steve?? :confused::D You've been coming through for me a lot lately.

I was thinking about putting v-band connections at those two points, but I don't think it's worth investing so much money in stock headers??

Thanks

Attachments

• mmm 001.jpg
    mmm 001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 114
  • mmm 002.jpg
    mmm 002.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 112
  • mmm 003.jpg
    mmm 003.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 117
  • mmm 004.jpg
    mmm 004.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 108
yup. vbands are what id suggest. why? because unless your car is going bottom 9s, stock headers are just fine. and hey, a good set are alot of $$$.

my drivers side header was bent likt that too, due to over tightening. i was able to locate a good non cracked driver header and just replaced it.

if your lookign for someone to set up the vband setup and weld up your stock headers, PM me. i could do it for you.

yup. vbands are what id suggest. why? because unless your car is going bottom 9s, stock headers are just fine. and hey, a good set are alot of $$$.

my drivers side header was bent likt that too, due to over tightening. i was able to locate a good non cracked driver header and just replaced it.

if your lookign for someone to set up the vband setup and weld up your stock headers, PM me. i could do it for you.

I agree with you about the v-band set up. The only right way to do it. However, I'm not sure how much time and money I want to put into these headers. My car will go mid/high 10's at best. Mostly street driven.

Going to see if I can find a replacement flange and donut that I can repair it with. I think Summit sells them?

What size v-ban would I need for stock headers and crossover?

Still looking for a driver's side header.

Thanks

Back