You can type here any text you want

Drum adjuster window?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

I was expecting a rubber plug on the backing plate but it seems mine is blocked by a metal tab? Unless I'm looking in the wrong spot. If I knock that out can I find a rubber plug somewhere instead of leaving that exposed to the elements.

Look a little closer. There is actually two windows. The one that gives access to the adjuster should have the rubber plug.

Attachments

yep my drivers side had the rubber plug and the passengers side did not ,
Just take a screwdriver on the one that matches up with the adjuster and knock it out ,get a hardware kit and put the rubber plug in there , I know you try not to drive your in the rain but the rubber plug keeps
The water out

Look a little closer. There is actually two windows. The one that gives access to the adjuster should have the rubber plug.

Thanks for the tip I will take a closer look today.

I tried adjusting them with the drums off, but at first it would seem so tight that the drum would barely go back on, but once it got fully seated, it still spun easily like the shoes were nowhere close to touching. So I thought with the wheels on I could keep adjusting and wait for the slightest bit of drag.

Well I'm out of ideas. Car still stops like garbage. Wasn't literally going to adjust them to the point that the rears would lock up, but I can tell how far I have to push the brake pedal before I hear the shoes engage, still too far.

Trying not to consider anything that involves a lot of money. :(

If I could just get a decent pedal feel back I'd be happy. Not looking to stop on a dime.

Edit: Great now I found a rear disc kit that's "affordable"....

Back