Dry sump vs wet sump???

Squid4life

I have read all the posts I can find about dry sump and wet sump systems, and know that dry sump systems are much safer at the track, and can (do) make more power, etc. What about a car that sees 90% street duty? This is my pros and cons list, so any input is really appreciated. I need to make a decision ASAP as I am trying to work a trade which includes the pan. He has both wet and dry sump pans but having a hard time deciding.

If I go wet sump:
+Pan is included in a trade
+Will have ~$250 in a dutt style oil pump on the stock front cover
+Already have a stock front cover
-Will have to pay someone to modify the front cover for the gear drive clearance and the offset since this is an ON Center block
+A lot less fittings and hoses to run

If I go dry sump:
+Pan is included in trade
+I have a stage 2 front cover on its way, so save $ not modding the stocker
+Safer on track, makes more power
-Costly pump, mandrel, drive setup
-Have to buy, pay to fab a tank
-Have to find a place to locate the tank
-Lots more fittings and hoses

Since I cannot weld aluminum, or mill anything, I will have some bucks into the stock front cover, plus dutt style pump. Dry sump would be saving money on no fab work for front cover, but more money into all the extra parts, pump, etc. I am guessing the cost difference from wet sump to dry sump would be in the ball park of $1000. I guess I could eat that difference if it was truly worth it. I just need to take on some more powder coating jobs on the side or something. My goal is to have this car done and drive it to Bates nut farm show next year which is June/ July. I do not get a whole lot of free cash to put towards the car, so most of this will be wheeling and dealing, selling some of my parts I have stashed, and odd jobs on the side.

Any input or advice is truly appreciated.

Again, ON Center 153 block, have the front covers and can have the oil pan either way.

Speaking from experience of what it's like to cross the finish line sideways after a wetsumped engine blows and scatters oil under all 4 tires at 100 mph,... I pick drysump.