You can type here any text you want

DSM TearDown, 4G63 Crank Walked, Awesome Video...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I cant tell you how many time Ive ripped these motors apart. I got customers blowing these engines up left and right. I got on in the garage right now for a spun rod bearing & dead number 2 hold. Hopefully the GN will provide me with trouble free driving. :) Getting to old to be ripping out engines all the time. hahahahahaha

Lethal .. He 's good at tear down cause he has to do it every time he drives it .. Junk

OIL MAN said:
Lethal .. He 's good at tear down cause he has to do it every time he drives it .. Junk

... :D

Not a big fan of the 4G63's myself, but I like his style w/making video's though, very thorough. Just got my hands on an Iron Duke 4-cylinder F-Body (3rd gen), gonna try to give these DSM'ers a run for their money. Just gotta fuel inject it, then decide on a turbo... :cool:

... :d

not a big fan of the 4g63's myself, but i like his style w/making video's though, very thorough. Just got my hands on an iron duke 4-cylinder f-body (3rd gen), gonna try to give these dsm'ers a run for their money. Just gotta fuel inject it, then decide on a turbo... :cool:
give it a set of small twins .. It will love it .. And make some good power .. I raced an eagle talon last night .. It was great had them on the inside next to my open dump .. A classic beating .. Then they rolled up and asked what i was running .. I looked over at them ..four people hanging out of one window ..and said i dont know ..then blew race gas in the window again .. See ya ... I did love my little conquest tho . I drove it like a gocart with turn signals .. Never modded it ..underdoggn & his son own it now ..

I just wanted to thank all of you for your 15 minutes. YouTube tells me where I get embedded, and I like turbo buicks so I registered. Thanks for the compliments on the video style (I'm severely ADD, so all of my videos are on FFWD). It saves everybody time.

I agree with anyone bashing a 7-bolt 4g63. Mitsubishi missed the bus after '92.5 and made the mains narrower. I got 168,000 miles out of mine. The last half of which was at 26-29 PSI before it gave up. It ran 12.20's at around 114 with a 1.6 60' on V-rated radials. It's 3355lbs with AC and cruise control, all power options, etc. I knew the 7-bolt was weaker but I built the crap out of it anyways trying to dis-prove the crankwalk "myth". After 10 years, it finally got me.

I'm using several GM sensors on my setup for fuel control, and also a Ramchargers' product. I have the GNX MAP sensor among other things. Corvette LS-1 MAF sensor. I've used both the 3.0 and 3.5" units. Granitelli's don't work on DSMs. You guys brought a lot of parts and tech to the DSM community because you were turbo before turbo was cool, and we will always appreciate it. Some of our best mechanics have lots of GNX stories to tell, or came from that crowd. Keep these things running because we always need the competition!

Oh... that Dodge Colt in the background... I've swapped it AWD and dropped a 6-bolt turbo up front with a 20g. It weighs 1100 lbs less than the GSX. It's going to be street-legal with catalytic converter, etc. Manual steering rack. Power nothing. I've got a whopping $1300 in on ALL the parts necessary to put it together and I'm fabricating a crossmember for it tonight. There's always going to be turbo tech going on at my channel, so don't be a stranger! Everyone's welcome back anytime.

Jafro

Thanks man! I haven't spoken of this elsewhere, but there's likely going to be a Buick part on the Colt.

I'm yanking an Eaton supercharger of a Buick Regal Granpa Sport and building a set of 2g 7-bolt primaries on a secondary plenum so I can bolt it onto the Colt. The pulley position and throttle body are oriented correctly if I can make it fit. I probably won't be doing this immediately, but I can't stop thinking about it. I have extra belt groves un-used on my crank pulley because it doesn't have PS or AC. I'm not removing the turbocharger when this happens. It's going to have both along with methanol injection. Hopefully I can pull this off without a stand-alone.

You heard it here first.

thanks man! I haven't spoken of this elsewhere, but there's likely going to be a buick part on the colt.

I'm yanking an eaton supercharger of a buick regal granpa sport and building a set of 2g 7-bolt primaries on a secondary plenum so i can bolt it onto the colt. The pulley position and throttle body are oriented correctly if i can make it fit. I probably won't be doing this immediately, but i can't stop thinking about it. I have extra belt groves un-used on my crank pulley because it doesn't have ps or ac. I'm not removing the turbocharger when this happens. It's going to have both along with methanol injection. Hopefully i can pull this off without a stand-alone.

You heard it here first.
welcome to the board .. Sounds to me like you just need a buick .. Visit the cars for sale section :d

Back