Dump pipe: Pro's and con's

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
I currently have a THDP and an ATR SS 2 1/2 exhaust. When I bought the car about a year and a half ago, it had the cat WELDED on to the DP, so I figured someone had gutted the cat and welded it back up. Well, I dropped the exhaust yesterday to check it out (car was having a MPH problem) and the cat is still full. :eek: I'm considering either a test pipe or a dump pipe, but would really like to have a dump :D . (pipe)

Do you guy's like the dump? Anything bad about them? Also, who sells them?

TIA

Back in the day, dumps were the hot thing. But I've heard that with the advance in exhaust systems these days, a dump won't do all too much other than make the car louder. We used to uncap our dump and it wouldnt go any faster than with full exhaust. Now we just run an open DP, but that was more for weight loss than for flow. BTW, if you do want a dump afterall, we have one for sale that came off of our car.

I have always found a dump pipe to make a difference, even if it was only spoolup on the line. Buy a dump pipe, and if you decide that you don't get any gains from it just leave it closed. Then it is no different than a test pipe.

Tony,
I may be interested if the price is right. I'll give you a call on Thursday.

Thanks

Does anybody else have any comments about dump pipes?

Jorge.