You can type here any text you want

Dutt Neck comment, thought I'd share

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VtheGNMan

Thought I would share an interesting comment by the guy who welded on my Dutt Neck to the IC. The guy professionally races and fabs his own radiators and such. He saw the restriction and bigger Dutt neck going on and commented that it would be like going from a 2 barrel carb to a 4 barrel carb. Very interesting comment. Can't wait to get the IC back in the car and drive it again!

True. I thought it was funny that even a non TR guy could recognize the restriction being corrected. Always love your comments Earl! Keeps us grounded! Note to self- I should keep to myself more.....:shame:

Increasing airflow is easy... All you have to do is 'chase the cork'. If you make something flow more that isn't holding you back, you're not doing anything.

On a N/A engine, every little bit here and there adds up... On a turbo engine, we just blow right by little nuances since we've got a little bit more than atmospheric pressure to work with. :)

I used to get a kick out of some posts on a boat forum I used to frequent. People would buy expensive ass Brodix heads, then pay someone $2500 to go through them, port, flow, buy a new cam, dyno, blah, blah, blah... and pick up 3 or 400 RPMs. Turbo guys would spend less than that, just blow right through untouched heads and pick up 3 or 4 hundred HP.

I ported my duttwiller neck pretty good before I installed it. I could tell a small gain nothing huge. Mine had a pretty good amouth of roughness on the inside

Yup I ported my dutt neck , exhaust elbow, inlet bell and compressor housing at once. I definitely noticed a difference... Mike

Some mods cost money. Some just cost a little time. Why not do both.;)

Enjoy the journey.:)

Happy Spooling.
Mike B.

Yep, I seem to massage every part I put my hands on. The only part on my engine that I didn't screw with are the valve seals (but I did double the amount of seals :) )

Back