Dynomax Magnaflows= Ultraflows?

BASS

Ok, are the Dynomax Magnaflow mufflers the same as the Ultraflows? Does Dynomax make the Ultraflows, are is it a different company? I was thinking about getting the dual 2.5 " Magnaflow system from Cottons, does anyone have this?:smile:

no such muffler as a Dynomas Magnaflow. They are 2 different companys. Thats like a Ford Chevy. lol

Cottons exhaust

Ok, are the Dynomax Magnaflow mufflers the same as the Ultraflows? Does Dynomax make the Ultraflows, are is it a different company? I was thinking about getting the dual 2.5 " Magnaflow system from Cottons, does anyone have this?:smile:

I have them, they sound great and work great. My best E.T. was thru the full exhaust.

Ok, correct me if im wrong, but Dynomax makes the Ultraflows, and the Magnaflows (which is what cottons dual 2.5 " system is) are a different company? How do the Magnaflows compare to the Dynomax Ultraflows soundwise? (I want a quiet exhaust)....

Thats a good question.. though, ya cant really use the 'how do they flow?' and ' i want a quiet exhaust' in the same thought.. theyre indirectly proportional. You get one or the other. period. i researched my BUTT off, and spent about an hour on the phone with dynomax tech lady, drillin her about sound, flow, resonance, drone, tubing diameter yadda yadda yadda.
Now, there are mufflers that are quiet, but flow RELATIVELY good for their quietness.. but key phrase" "flow good for THEIR quietness"
Or, the mufflers that are really high flow, but are kinda quiet for THEIR flow rate.. It's a pretty delicate balance actually.
Though, considering our cars have a HUGE restriction in the exhaust, you can potentially have the best of both worlds, with a relatively nice flowing quiet exhaust, but run a cutout in the system, allowing you to do whatever you want, whenever you want to :) That's what im going to do next season. That way, if you wanna take the girl in the car to the car show, and just sit and gab, run em closed, or if its just you, on the local cruise strip lookin to beat on some mustangs, run em open.. its all on you.

Myspace.com
here is a vid of my single 3" magnaflow - mind you the quality isnt that great, but you get an idea how it actually will sound on a GN, rather than a new Charger or SRT-4 like on the site :D

Myspace.com
here is a vid of my single 3" magnaflow - mind you the quality isnt that great, but you get an idea how it actually will sound on a GN, rather than a new Charger or SRT-4 like on the site :D

i hope it was cold there at your house that day, there was a lot of white / gray blue smoke coming out :( ..

turbo blowing oil - I was told its white because its burning after engine oil(exhuast side)

I run Ultraflows on my car. All of my runs are made through a full 2 3/4 dual exhaust. The car is quiet while cruising and idling, but it is very loud at full throttle. :cool:

I've had people at track tell me that they cannot hear their car over mine while racing! I don't get alot of interior noise which is all I was concerned about.

They are a straight through muffler and I believe they flow real well. When I installed them I had to turn my boost down quite a bit. I previously ran Hooker Super Comp mufflers which were quiet outside but droned terribly inside.

Just for reference, I use the bullets, straight through round, and they are very loud at WOT, great low rpm rumble, and I did not see any material difference from running my 'dump' vs through the exhaust.