You can type here any text you want

E63 Amg Mb

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Buggers are kinda fast.
Faster than I expected, anyway.
Blew my doors off!:eek:
....but I'm all stock and only running 13 lbs for now, till I install my Alky kit (it's in the mail).

Got home and read up on them...
500+ HP and abut 4100 lbs.
0-60 in the low 4's and ET in the high 12's.

After he baited me a bit, he gave me the jump at a stop light and was going by me as I hit 65....then just kept on pulling away.
It was pretty sad, really.

But now my trap is set.
I'll install my Alky kit, crank it up a few lbs, and should be able to give a much more respectable showing next time....I hope.
:cool:

No doubt about that at all.
My 68 Camaro would have smoked him.

Sooner or later....so will the GN.

You couldn't take a high 12's car? Your tune is off brother. I know for a fact you can take him.

you'll need a few more mods to take that car....imo...... just think thats a new 100K car...nothing to be ashamed of....get your alky on and crank her up a litle:D

Well he said when he went home and researched, it came out to a high twelves car. If it is indeed a low 12 car, then you're nothing but an alcohol kit, dutt neck, cold air kit, dump pipe and drag radial away from whoopin' him.

I'm also only running 13lbs of boost.
GN's made 14lbs stock and that put them in the low 14's to very high 13's.

It was 15 pounds. And that won't help if you're running an anemic 7/8th inch rear sway and all weather radials :)
Like I said, get those parts, tune it, and you'll make that man mad as hell he spent all that money, on some stupid mercedes, just because it has a supercharger, and a heated steering wheel. Engineers keep trying to redesign stuff to be as fast and luxurious as possible, and they still can't overcome the buick grand national. I find it hilarious actually. Get back in those think tanks guys. You're still not earning your money lol.

It was 15 pounds. And that won't help if you're running an anemic 7/8th inch rear sway and all weather radials :)
Like I said, get those parts, tune it, and you'll make that man mad as hell he spent all that money, on some stupid mercedes, just because it has a supercharger, and a heated steering wheel. Engineers keep trying to redesign stuff to be as fast and luxurious as possible, and they still can't overcome the buick grand national. I find it hilarious actually. Get back in those think tanks guys. You're still not earning your money lol.
Just my .02 but I don't think he needs that much to beat him.
DR's, a chip and good gas on 20lbs of boost and See ya! that should take his car in to the 12's easy.

He's going to need a good launch too. Sway bar, air bags, and an rjc boost controller wouldnt hurt either. Just to cinch it in.

Yup.
I have an RJC boost controller, but I pulled it off because I couldn't set it lower than 16 lbs without having the actuator really really loose, and the boost spike and creep were not 91 octane compatible.

So after I install my Alkycontrol (just arrived yesterday). I'll put the RJC BC back on and port the exhaust housing and elbow as needed.

Next priority is the exhaust side upgrades....then the intake side after that.

Assuming my transmission stays together, I'll then start with suspension upgrades to put the power to the ground.

Tim

I'd do the suspension first. The stock suspension couldn't even handle the stock torque, let alone torque from a boost controller and alky kit.

Yup.
I have an RJC boost controller, but I pulled it off because I couldn't set it lower than 16 lbs without having the actuator really really loose, and the boost spike and creep were not 91 octane compatible.

So after I install my Alkycontrol (just arrived yesterday). I'll put the RJC BC back on and port the exhaust housing and elbow as needed.

Next priority is the exhaust side upgrades....then the intake side after that.

Assuming my transmission stays together, I'll then start with suspension upgrades to put the power to the ground.

Tim

Did you get those valve springs changed yet ;)

the e-63 is not supercharged,its a naturally aspirated v-8..the previous e-55 was a supercharged v-8. the 65 series benzs are twin turbocharged v-12's. i work on these cars daily..you can put a 55 or 63 in dyno mode and put a sticky tire on it and run into the 11's. we have a customer that bracket races his e-55,stock tires etc and it runs 12.30-12.40's consintently.the 65's (sl65 etc) can get into the 10's with a tire and when in dyno mode.

the e-63 is not supercharged,its a naturally aspirated v-8..the previous e-55 was a supercharged v-8. the 65 series benzs are twin turbocharged v-12's. i work on these cars daily..you can put a 55 or 63 in dyno mode and put a sticky tire on it and run into the 11's. we have a customer that bracket races his e-55,stock tires etc and it runs 12.30-12.40's consintently.the 65's (sl65 etc) can get into the 10's with a tire and when in dyno mode.

Like jcawley3 said : NASTY :biggrin:

Sl65

This vid was going around the Buick v8 board...GS vs SL65http://www.fox25news.net/buickgsragtop/Buickvssl65.flv

Turn up the sound and enjoy :) Leave it to big brother lol

Back