E85 What O2

1chance

Hi Guys. Ive been reading the forum on the E85, and i need to know what numbers would my Scan 2.1 would read for WOT, my reading would be 750 on the O2, so what will be it be with E85? Also it says you need to run 20% more fuel, so would you turn up fuel psi at fuel rail to 50psi vacum line off?

You should shoot for around the same thing you see with gasoline. The o2 sensor doesn't measure air fuel ratios.

You really shouldn't bother with the factory o2 sensor. It is almost completely worthless.

If you want to tune seriously you need a wide band.

As far as the fuel is concerned... increasing the FP is one way of doing it if your pump can handle it. You will still need to tune the chip because the increased amount of fuel is not any certain % across the board.

750 is too lean IMO for gas, considering the narrow band sensor is not accurate, error on the rich side so closer to 800.

Raising the pressure is just going to put more strain on your pump, you need injectors that are at least 30% bigger and that will only sustain your current power level. So if you bought 60lbs and are around 80% duty cycle then getting an injector only 30% bigger for E85 will still leave you at 80% duty cycle with barely any room to grow HP wise.

Dig around here, there is tons of talk about what mods you should consider doing and my opinion on fuel pressure with the stock Walbro.

I wouldn't put the stuff in your tank until you really have a handle on what E85 is and does.

Eric at Turbotweak has chips for E85 and is a good guy to bounce ideas off of.

Ok thanks, I havent got the car back yet, but it will be all new stuff. So tuning will be a must. I just wanted to mix it to keep from pay $7 bucks for 110oct here. I can mix it about 25/75 and it will help oct right?

bsdlinux what o2 readings are you shooting for with e85

Same as you typically would with gas. However E-85 is a little safer and I've been below 760 and no knock @ wot. Having said that, being richer at WOT with E-85 will make more power...:cool: