You can type here any text you want

Eagle crank in SII block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aquickv6

Would you put the Eagle crank in the SII block? Seems like it's the only alternative if you don't want to spend $2500 for a crank.

You can get a raw forging for 550 bucks and then have it machined for 1100 and have 1650 into a brand new crank. There are board mebers here that as far as I know still have a few motorsports forgings laying around. I don't see why you couldn't use the eagle crank, but it all depends on the hp you are trying to make.

That eagle crank is an excellent crank to work with. I think the stopped production on them though. :mad:

Is the BMS crank a stronger crank than the Eagle? It would be nice to have the longer stroke. How do you know you are buying a good core?

Oh yeah, it's far superior to the eagle crank. Most of the metal from the core is gone after the machining process, so any cracks or imperfections wouldn't be there anyway. That and the guy who has them is a stand up guy in my book all day long. I bought my race car and all my stage parts, including a crank, from him. :)

Eagle info

Very Good Question!

I'd enjoy some feedback on this. I know zip about Eagle Cranks. In light of the future and finding BMS forgings getting akin to locating a needle in a hay stack, the Eagle crank or an alternative to it would be good information to have for anyone interested in an SII project in the future.

At one time I had several (9) short stroke BMS pieces, mostly INDY sizes and I thought no one would ever want them. Wrong again; I got a call from a buyer in England and out the door they all went, along with a pile of other stuff.

Alot of these pieces are better than $'s in the bank IMO,
Gary :D

GARY HARVEY said:
. . . and I thought no one would ever want them. Wrong again; I got a call from a buyer in England and out the door they all went, . . .

Gary,
By any chance do you still have that guys #? I have several short stroke cranks myself, Some BMS & Some LA Billit Cranks too. Needing to get rid of.

I also have a 3.59 BMS Crank STD/STD 4 Sale. (if anybodys interested) Very nice crank. It has been knife edged & had weight taken off of it. If interested, Shoot me a e-mail :)

SPOOLN said:
That eagle crank is an excellent crank to work with. I think the stopped production on them though. :mad:

Nope...... I have 4 of them coming, just got a call thurs. from Eagle, I should have them on the shelf tomorrow, (tuesday). :cool:

People that may be interested buying /selling cranks.

I will touch base with him and let you know. Being over the pond, I'll save you trouble and such.

Here are another another couple of people.

Robert Palm comes to mind. I'm picky about giving phone numbers, something I'm sure you will understand, since most of my #'s are residence lines.

Jim Wright (used to be with Mr Brayton [Scott's father]), Whitey (Warren, MI)

A little time and I'll remember some more.

Growin' ole ain't fer sissies,
Gary

From speaking to several engine builders and Eagle tech, they are confident that the crank is good for at least 1K Hp. Its perfect for a "budget" S2 motor. I have one in my S2 offcenter so will see how far it goes.

I'd love to go that route too (budget SII buildup)... but with my 3.8 block, an Eagle (only available in stock stroke) crank would only yield 231c.i. :(

At one time I heard Eagle was considering building a stroker crank for our application. Is this factual or just rumor? What was the crank that ATR used to offer in a 3.625 stroke for around $1800?

aquickv6 said:
At one time I heard Eagle was considering building a stroker crank for our application. Is this factual or just rumor? What was the crank that ATR used to offer in a 3.625 stroke for around $1800?

ATR used to sell all kinds of stuff back in the days. It was probably a BMS. The rods they used to sell were BMS.
I wouldnt hold my breath for a stroker crank from Eagle. With all the complaining that went on with the current crank i doubt they will wanna deal with it. :(

My concern would be getting the little blivet to fit, if they were to make one. As it is with a 3.645 BMS, things are tight enough. Maybe locating a high deck block would make things easier with a .250 longer rod.
That way you would end up with... 301 Cu. In. V6:D

Gary

Back