You can type here any text you want

easy performance?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Baron Von Buick

Big White Guy
Are there any easy install performance parts for the 3.8 n/a? like a better spark plug, ingnition coil or anything that doesn't have the need to take apart the engine to install, because i really dont have the money to have somone do the work or even to buy expensive parts. but little parts here and there that i can install myself are not a prob. Thanks for any and all help.
patrick:D

MSD 6 ignition. ~$130, but an easy install. (I know, $130 isn't cheap)

Copper connections on the cap & rotor, Your coil is fine..hotter coils will run you around $85..for that you are almost at the MSD 6 and money better spent.
Jim

Even though the coil is 20 years old? Nothing on this car has been changed since its been bought in 84! so far i have changed the hoses, radiator, fuel filter and valve cover gaskets, next is a tune up and belts. OH, one other thing every once in a while the service/check engine soon light comes on but goes away a few mins after i drive, it only seems to come on when the car is first stared and is warming or when the car is in park (after it is warm)
Any ideas?

Thanks again all
Patrick

I got some spare high performance parts for an 84 N/A buick,including coil pack,wires,plugs etc-we can talk about it when you come down for the hood.-Matt

Back