You can type here any text you want

ebay auction

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

moose

Check out this ebay auction Item number: 110165364834, Correct me if im wrong but are all t/types & grand national not J11 coded in the vin#:confused:

the seller appears to be a member here..why dont ya just ask him ? maybe he typed M instead of J on the auction :smile:

Check out this ebay auction Item number: 110165364834, Correct me if im wrong but are all t/types & grand national not J11 coded in the vin#:confused:

Depends on the year, etc.

My 86 is a K47

I was just wandering:confused: I had an 87 GN and now have an 87 turbo regal and I noticed that both of mine were coded J11, also noticed the car in the auction had no powermaster brake system which doesn't really mean anything, could have been converted;) Anyway's it was still a very nice ride for the money.

I believe T-Types (Turbo-Ts) and GNs should be K47 from the factory. J would be for the base Regal.

I was watching that car last week. He had it listed with a buy now of $5500. I thought the same thing when I seen the "M" in the vin# I ran a carfax it it states it as Regal Limited. All the 87 GN I ran carfax reports on (around20 of them) came back as just Regal. This was the only one that said regal limited. I was tempted but decided to back off. I was under the impression the only way to be sure was check the RPO sticker.

I'm no expert, just wandered.;) I still wouldn't mind having the car, had a lot of nice stuff on it and looked nice.:cool:

M is correct for 1987 if...

its one of the Regal Limiteds. I believe there were just over 1000 of these cars produced with LC2 code - turbo V6. Maybe someone else can furnish a little more detail.

Just as long as the 10th character of the VIN is the number 7 is all that matters. I've seen a few retagged cars on eBay. I strongely suggest if you see what you might suspect as a retagged or fake TR to report it to eBay so they can yank the auction. You'll be doing everyone who has an interest in our cars, and the car hobby as a whole a huge favor.

Shouldn't the 8th character of the VIN be '7' ?

Just as long as the 10th character of the VIN is the number 7 is all that matters. I've seen a few retagged cars on eBay. I strongely suggest if you see what you might suspect as a retagged or fake TR to report it to eBay so they can yank the auction. You'll be doing everyone who has an interest in our cars, and the car hobby as a whole a huge favor.

And the 10th & 11th be HP for 1987 TRs? The '7' would be in the 10th position if counting from the right to left. Now I'm :confused: .

And the 10th & 11th be HP for 1987 TRs? The '7' would be in the 10th position if counting from the right to left. Now I'm :confused: .

Your confusion probably comes from the fact that when counting digits, logic states you count left to right, since that's the way we read here in the western hemisphere. ;)

Therefore the 7 you're looking for should be the eighth (8th) digit.

Back