ebrakes

ebrake comes in 3 sections.
1 from ebrake lever to mid of car in front of rear axle
then second peice joins onto that and goes to drive side drum
3rd peice goes from bracket on 2nd peice to passenger drum

there are tabs on the ends of the brake cables that need to be pushed in with pliers or flat heads before u can pull them out., easier to use a socket to slide over end peices to push all tabs in at same time

More ebrake problems!

Cables are all connected, but now the problem is that the pedal comes back up when i press it down. I took the black saggy underdash panel down so i could see the mechanism & the Big gear isnt catching anything too keep it down. Usually the foot ebrakes make a click,click,click noice, mine does nothing!

If you can't repair it so the gear catches on the tab it needs to catch on (clicking noise), head out to a boneyard and get another one.

ebrake comes in 3 sections.
1 from ebrake lever to mid of car in front of rear axle
then second peice joins onto that and goes to drive side drum
3rd peice goes from bracket on 2nd peice to passenger drum

there are tabs on the ends of the brake cables that need to be pushed in with pliers or flat heads before u can pull them out., easier to use a socket to slide over end peices to push all tabs in at same time

Interestingly enough, nos4gn has new ones, each of the three sections, for sale right now, and they're cheap. I think like $15, $15, and $20.

Thanx red Any idea how hard it is tho swap out? I dont need the cables(I dont believe) but how much is the part that makes the click click noise.

I tried to find one but no such luck. Any idea what other cars it might be interchangeable with? National auto doesnt have one either?

Not sure exactly, but shouldn't be very difficult. Takin' stuff off usually isn't the hard part. :D

yeah red you,went to another u-pull it and grabbed one out a cutlass for $5. Any tricks on how to swap the old for my new one w/o damaging the little clips thsat hold the cable in place? Snap ring pliers?

Which part of the cable? Where do you mean? If from the ebrake pedal, I'm not sure how it's secured there, so can't help.

It isn't hard.

But it is a PITA. At least one the bolts is behind an obstruction. And you you have to get the cable off, too. And the kick panel, and...