You can type here any text you want

effect if synthetic oil vapors drawn back into engine/ introduced to comb chamber

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Interesting topic:

Taking note that synthetic oils when presented into the combustion chamber in same quantities as dino oil, the synthetic will not burn as clean as the dino.
Example oil injection on a rotary engine, worn rings, blow by causing excessive crankcase vapors through PCV, etc.

Have a freind that noticed when he changed over to synthetic oil his plugs fouled on the cylinders that the rings were tired on and was allowing oil seepage and causing slight oil foul on his plugs with dino oil. But, not enough to cause a a foul completely..i.e. enough to see that the cyl was letting oil by the rings but a quantity small enough to burn up without fouling the plug with the dino oil.

Made me do some research and sure enough the Wankel rotary engine are the same way. My other friend races the rotary and says the syn fouled his plugs also(though now he eliminated oil injec and pre mixs 2 cyl in his gas now and keeps the syn for his recip assem).
So, based on that and the Buicks famed oil vapors being pulled back through the intake at the TB makes me wonder if we that are running syn as our lube oil are getting residual/funk/carbon in our comb chambers alot faster than with dino.
Food for thought

I don't see why the above topic does not apply even to motor that has recirculated oil vapors in the intake air

Interesting read.

I have and still use good ole dino oil in my car.

Maybe we could submit this to the MythBusters and let them do the research. I'm sure we can make up some myth about it...

Bandit I have been meaning to write and ask Car Craft, GMHTP and Turbo magazines and see what they say.

Mythbusters would be a good source to.

Do you have a link for the Myth busters?

I kinda mentioned the MythBusters thing as a joke. They maily do urban myths and such. But who knows, maybe they would consider it?

MythBusters

Back