You can type here any text you want

EGR - California Emissions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBeswick

It's just a V6 Regal....
So I dont have an EGR on my car anymore because I intercooled it and used a new intake manifold. I still have an emissions chip and stuff, is it possible to still pass the emissions? Is there anything I can do to make up for the lack of an EGR? I seem to recall hearing something about a larger turbo or cam before.

Visually it won't pass. How close is the conversion to an 87. Is it possible to say that you have a complete 87 system and add the 87 EGR system to it. Then it could see a Referee for a 87 engine change.

I figured the visual inspection might be a problem, but how many of the techs know what a GN engine bay looks like?

Here's a picture.....the problem is, there's not really any clearance for the EGR. Thats why I dont have it. Assuming visual inspection passes, what about the actual test?

Attachments

• enginebayintercooler.jpg
    enginebayintercooler.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 193
Bigger turbo may do it,ease up on fp,get an emission chip burnt for our setup.You might sneak by on egr removal,but anyone looking under that hood is going to cover his behind.Ask around near you,someone always knows someone.

What do you mean covering his behind? Ive taken it a number of times before when it was hotair wih the cold-air kit on and a few other mods.

All Im saying is a modified car usually draws attention to guy doing visual inspection.Missing EGR may be spotted.Thats all

We don't have a mandated visual inspection here in Washington State (emmission test areas) but if the inspected gets a wild hair he or she will look for the basics, and a EGR valve is one thing that they will either find or call a senior inspector over to find it.

These people are fairly compentent as far as emmissions devices go, I have yet to find someone who has gotted anything past a senior inspector.

David

Back