You can type here any text you want

EGR Delete Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Just deleted my EGR and capped off the two vacuum lines . Now No Cruise and air vents just blow on defrost and floor . I'm guessing I need to hook those two lines I capped off back together ? Thanks Keith

Keith, if you follow the diagram that Pronto sent you, you'll want to cap off at the "T", but leave the lines going to the cruise and hvac. not sure if you posted this before or after the other thread, just in case you posted after.

Keith, if you follow the diagram that Pronto sent you, you'll want to cap off at the "T", but leave the lines going to the cruise and hvac. not sure if you posted this before or after the other thread, just in case you posted after.
Thanks for the reply , I guess I'm making this harder than it is , and I often can do that , I will just have to print off the diagram and lay it on the car and figure it out , Thanks Keith

When you get rid of the electrical box on the EGR you can get rid of all those hoses and at least one tee. (It's been a long time since I tossed mine).

Basically you want a vac signal running to everything else and make sure the check valves keep boost in the engine and let vacuum reach the car. If you can blow and suck through the check valves, they need to be replaced.

When you get rid of the electrical box on the EGR you can get rid of all those hoses and at least one tee. (It's been a long time since I tossed mine).

Basically you want a vac signal running to everything else and make sure the check valves keep boost in the engine and let vacuum reach the car. If you can blow and suck through the check valves, they need to be replaced.
Thank you Earl , I'm gonna figure it out , I hope

That actually a weird looking 3 way check valve. Is that even available anymore?

If the intake port and heads still have exh there at the egr block off plate make dam sure you have a solid seal at the gasket for the egr block off plate. If it leaks it can cook #1 inj and blow that cyl, headgasket, rod bearing, etc

If the intake port and heads still have exh there at the egr block off plate make dam sure you have a solid seal at the gasket for the egr block off plate. If it leaks it can cook #1 inj and blow that cyl, headgasket, rod bearing, etc
Damn , I didn't know I was gonna get into all of this . Thanks Turbo Nasty for the info , Keith

NO problem.....heres a cometic that burned through from this. Car had a intermittent miss that would come and go. Turned out it was the
10698589_10205377636828175_8139035552195440766_n.jpg
egr gasket that was cooking the inj

When I removed the EGR I taped the electrical plug that plugged into it with electrical tape and capped the two vacuum lines up , I guess I need to just connect those 2 back together and I should be fine ? I hope

no i didn't send any pictures, I still have the egr valve on my car, just the chip disables it from working. So everything is still connected.

Back