You can type here any text you want

EGR Delete Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lnkncontiverto

Feel my Pacifists-of-Fury
So I have a set of Champion Irons and Intake on the way, both of which have the EGR provisions welded shut, and I'm wondering what I can eliminate from cluttering up my engine bay. I have a turbo tweak chip which should disable the need for this, but can I remove the module (circled in blue) and cork the vacuum at the hard line (red arrow)? or is there a better way?

Thanks!

buick011.jpg

Good question. I just did the same package. I would assume the module is going to go away, I was just wondering do we just leave the connector un-plugged:confused: I also think we will cork the vaccum line. :) I'm sure they will tell us.:cool:

As far as functionality it shouldn't make a difference, if you remove and cork. I was thinking of doing the same thing. If you remove the module you might get a Service Engine Soon light to come and remain on. Unplug the module, start it up and see what happens. I'm not sure if disabling the EGR functionality(via TT Chip) also disables the fault detection associated with the EGR system. You can also ask Eric at TT.

.... I'm wondering what I can eliminate from cluttering up my engine bay. I have a turbo tweak chip which should disable the need for this, but can I remove the module (circled in blue) and cork the vacuum at the hard line (red arrow)? or is there a better way? Thanks!

You can remove the solenoid and the EGR valve, but if you have working AC and heater, the vac line cannot be corked as the dash controls need that vac source.

Leave in the check valve at the red arrow, and just run a single line to the tee valve at the firewall. :)

You can remove the solenoid and the EGR valve, but if you have working AC and heater, the vac line cannot be corked as the dash controls need that vac source.

Leave in the check valve at the red arrow, and just run a single line to the tee valve at the firewall. :)

Hey Nick,

What about the connector? Leave it un-plugged. Or does it work like MCH86GN mentioned, about it being disabled via the chip?

Thanks,

Back