You can type here any text you want

eibach springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xxninja

well i was thinking about some new springs for my 85 national
the front is saggin kinda low.
i was thinking of buying the eibach spring kit for the G bodies
with the 1 inch drop in back and .5 inch in the front

question is......

i am still using 15 inch tires with the 235 60 15s all the way around
the rims are torque thrust II's
standard backspacing i assume
my tires rub the wheel well, now with a high bounce of the tire
not so much with turning
but i assume this has alot to do with the 18 yr old spring in the front

sooooo i am worried bout clearance in the front

can i run my 235/60/15s in the front still?
if not , would i have to go to a 50 series tires or possibly a 225 in the front?

i know alot of you guys use this kit, so i was asking for some input

i'd appreciate anything ya got for me

thanx

brian :D

I used that same kit. I still run stock wheels and I have 295/50's and 215/65's up front. I had 235/60's up front with no problem. hth

I used that same kit. I still run stock wheels and I have 295/50's and 215/65's up front. I had 235/60's up front with no problem. hth
You wouldn't happen to have a picture with the eibach installed would ya? I can't decide on if I want stock or a little lower

If your springs are sacked as you mention, the Eibachs may not be that big of a difference height-wise. Although, of course, the ride will be stiffer. Putting stock springs on your car might actually raise it from where it is now. Just something to think about. You might want to measure your fender heights and compare to some old threads around here to help you get where you want to be. Good luck.

Thank you, I realized it will raise the car a bit if I use stock height, but the front of my car is all glass, I'm talking the header panel and bumper so my car sits with the front higher than the rear and hate the way it looks, it has stock shocks and springs. Do you think eibach will eliminate some of that?

Back