You can type here any text you want

AC blend door

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hounddogs!

is either frozen or not getting vac. Is it easier to tear into all the $%^&* on the firewall or all the $%^&* behind the glove box?

The standard control head uses a "cable", not vacuum for the blend door. Maybe electronic climate control is different. :confused:

Electronic climate control uses a little motor to control the blend door. That motor tends to be the problem area.

Well the blend door is vacuum and the temp door is cable for either system. I'd check the vacuum selector valve on the control head to see if that was a problem after you check to make sure the vacuum check valve is okay. Both of those are plastic and they don't make it to twenty years old before they break anyway. If it is the blend door actuator than thats up under the radio area of the dash. All of it is easy to get to and work on.

Well the blend door is vacuum and the temp door is cable for either system. I'd check the vacuum selector valve on the control head to see if that was a problem after you check to make sure the vacuum check valve is okay. Both of those are plastic and they don't make it to twenty years old before they break anyway. If it is the blend door actuator than thats up under the radio area of the dash. All of it is easy to get to and work on.

Mine must be a different kind of animal. Or at least they told me it was a blend door. A rod comes back and is attached to a little arm on a motor. This motor on mine moved to one extreme and wouldn't come off that setting. Can't remember anymore if it was completely open or closed.

To elaborate....

This is on a manual climate control system.
I'm getting a bunch of outside air infiltrating; I think there's a damper staying open when it shouldn't.

The car's almost warmer on "vent" than it is on "heater".
TIA

There is a foam seal on those doors. Maybe the foam is gone and air is leaking past the doors. Did you confirm that the doors are indeed moving when you slide from AC to vent to heater,etc.

Yeah Dave. I think the temp door is rod controled on the C68. Still vacuum on the blend for both.

the blend door is behind the glove box. drop the glove box and you will see the cable that comes from the controls to the blend door. check to make sure the cable is connected and the lever is not broken. mine was doing the same thing and i found that the lever was broken. the new lever was 6 bucks.

the blend door is behind the glove box. drop the glove box and you will see the cable that comes from the controls to the blend door. check to make sure the cable is connected and the lever is not broken. mine was doing the same thing and i found that the lever was broken. the new lever was 6 bucks.

That's the door I was refering to. I just went out and looked (on my 86 electronic controls). It has an electric motor attached instead of a cable (like my 87).

Thanks brother, that was my exact issue. Fixed it today.

Back