You can type here any text you want

Elco hybrid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
Looking to swap a Buick Regal dash into my 5th gen El Camino. I have the dash, dash harness, analog instrument cluster, as well as the engine harness. What I don't have are any experience or any wiring diagrams. I've seen several G body hybrids in these threads, so I'd really appreciate anyone that's done this before sharing any knowledge they have, or any leads on scoring some wiring diagrams. I could also use any build pics. It's going to be hard to just get the dash harness in place to begin with, since I have nothing to reference. Thanks.

First off good luck and cool project...

There was an article in one of the GMHTP magazines a while back...might have been as long as a year or two ago...and an El Camino w/a LC2 was featured...cool build..

Yeah, I've seen that one before. Pretty cool build, but I'm keeping the stock sheetmetal. Still doesn't resolve my dash issue though.

I put in an '84 GN dash in my '81 elcamino, mostly because the stock elky dash was really dried up, cracked and non of the gauges even worked. I didn't swap out the dash harness though and used autometer gauges. Everything lined up perfect, except I'm missing part of the HVAC ductwork to connect the elkys vents to the GN drivers dash vent.

Sorry, this is the only pic I have of it right now, it looks much better with the new wheel and all the rest of the interior assembled:D

Just wish I would have put in the LC2 to match the dash, especially now that I paid a fortune to rebuild the L98:mad:

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 145
That looks really nice. While I suppose the stock dash could be made to work, I scored the dash harness for free when I bought the motor. I'd like it if once it's in it would be a plug and play type deal, time will tell. Was it hard to make the physical swap?

Back