Electric trans pressure gauge

80Malibu

If anybody is interested, I just purchased an electric trans pressure gauge and the corresponding pressure sender from Summit Racing. It is a 2-1/16 VDO gauge, from their " vision" series gauges. The gauge was approx $30.00, and the sender was approx. $ 35.00, unfortunately you have to buy them seperately. I decided to go with this setup ( electric gauge) vs. a mechanical gauge because I am a little leary about having a 400 PSI gauge/line permanently routed into the car. I also had a bad experience when I had the gauge hose hooked up without the gauge and performed an Exxon Valdez manuever in the parking lot at 5:30 am, who's the guy running to the gas station looking for 5 qts of anything resembling trans fluid.....it's me...oh yes....it was me. ARRRGGGHHH....I am an idiot!. Anyway, I'm sure that the guru's would agree that for testing purposes, a mechanical gauge would be best. I am using this gauge for monitoring tranny psi overall, and it looks cool.
The gauge # is 350-110
The sender # is 360-406 ( 1/8 - 27 npt)
The sender was special ordered and it took 3-4 weeks to get.
Also, a 45' or 90' brass fitting will probably be necessary due to the tight space in the trans tunnel. I don't have the gauge installed, or the tranny , yet, but I will post results, comments, etc. as soon as I do. I hope I have saved everybody the time and aggravation that I suffered in researching this gauge/sender combo.:cool: